Physical Fitness

Options
zingeber
zingeber Posts: 124 Member
So I'm starting a new thread because I see there are several of us with similar goals still here. What is everybody doing to prep for the physical fitness training? I talked to a recruiter and was told that to get in you just have to meet the height/weight requirement, but I want to be strong enough to lead the pack at officer training! (Or, at least, not bring up the rear...:wink: ) I've started running and doing some weight training at home. Anyone else have a favorite way to train?

Replies

• kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I run on the treadmill everyday. Since Im 278 and have a hard time running, this is my treadmill workout: 4 min walk warmup and run 2 min walk 2 min till i get to 26 min on the tread then i do a 4 min cool down. Startin next week im going to do that twice a day and add a min every three days
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to Jesse's. Start off at 6.2 running a minute and rest for a minute. Continue but change speed every ten minutes up to 6.4, 6.6 then finally 6.7 at so 40 minutes in total. Also do Turbo Fire or Body Combat every morning.

Mile run time: 13:10 secs
    1.5 mil: 19:50 <--needs to be at least 14:00
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a modified C25K program. Nicely using it to work on endurance at speed instead of just endurance. Instead of progressing like normal I'm doing the first three weeks over and over but increasing the speed of the runs each time. I've cut six minutes of my three mile run time so far.

On alternate days I'm doing body weight exercises. Push ups, pull ups, crunches, squats. Once a week, Sunday the odd/off day, I do a five mile ruck/hike with a 20kilo-ish pack. I also swim whenever I get a chance.
  • hooah13m
    hooah13m Posts: 29
    Options
    I love circuits!
    this one my SGT had me do is called the 8 min ab circuit. What you do is start off with a 3 min plank then you immediately flip over and do 30 sec of crunches followed by 30 sec of flutter kicks, 30 sec of leg spreaders (or hello dollys haha), 30 sec of scissor kicks, 30 sec of reverse crunches, 30 sec of V-ups and then a minute side plank for each side. after you are done you have a minute to rest before you start it up again. you do 3 sets!
    I also like to do interval runs and strength training workouts such as weighted pushups and pumping iron :P
    I have more but...yeah...:)