Getting Started

Options
mulecanter
mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
Welcome to the Independence Challenge. This is a follow-on challenge from the April Fool Challenge using similar procedures. Go to the entry form address and enter your MFP userid, starting weight, goal weight, starting BMI and goal BMI. If you care to receive a reminder email, enter your email address. Every Friday or following Monday, go to the spreadsheet address and enter your weekly weigh-in weight on the appropriate month's tab. If you have any questions ask me or Shmu (the other moderator) via direct message. Each week someone starts a new thread on the blog to discuss progress or lack there of--it's good for all to brag or whine as appropriate. Share your victories along the way, celebrate the victories of others.

We start on Friday, April 4th and end on Friday, July 4th. Set a realistic goal (no more than two pounds a week loss), and watch your progress compared to your compatriots (get it?).

Finally, let me stress this point. No Taxation Without Representation!

Mule

Replies

• skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Awesome, sounds great. Also, I didn't get my BMI on the first time and decided to adjust my goal weight 5 lbs. down, so I signed up twice. I hope that doesn't pose any problems.

Thanks!
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for making this! I LOVE being accountable! :) And love that this is so organized!!
  • Kathrynrbg
    Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for making this! I LOVE being accountable! :) And love that this is so organized!!

Me too
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'll enter my new info for the challenge after I do the last weigh in for the Fool's challenge. I'm going to be camping next week and I'm sure I'll gain a little, I mean a lot!!!

Welcome to all our new challenges!!!
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I, too, signed up twice. I accidentally put my long-term weight loss goal in the first submission, which is not reasonable over a 3 month period. The second submission has my July goal. (Sorry.)
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am excited to do this with all of you. I will be the Grammy as I am 68 years old. But, I do want this challenge if that is OK with each of you. I realize my pounds will shed at a slower rate, but getting the number to go down is my ultimate purpose!
    Thanks so much for doing this challenge for us!
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Great posts folks. Sorry for some of the confusion in the data entry sign up. We are doing something new and had a couple wrinkles.:embarassed: If you entered your data on Shmu's really cool data entry form, he is seeing it on his computer only. He will ensure all those who sign up will appear on the spreadsheet by Friday's first weigh-in. If you signed up twice, no problem, you will just have to lose twice the weight.:bigsmile: Or, Shmu will delete the redundant entries, either way we will march on.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for doing this. I realize it takes a lot of effort and time you guys.:smile:
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for doing this. I realize it takes a lot of effort and time from you guys.:smile:
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

All form entries were entered into the main spreadsheet. Please review your entry and PM me directly if anything should be changed.

I understand some starting weights will change before the actual challenge starts. Please let me know by Thursday night if you want me to change your starting weight.

Good luck to all!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

All form entries were entered into the main spreadsheet. Please review your entry and PM me directly if anything should be changed.

I understand some starting weights will change before the actual challenge starts. Please let me know by Thursday night if you want me to change your starting weight.

Good luck to all!

Thank you shmu!
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Good luck to all!

Thanks Shmu! I'm sure I will be PMing you Thursday to change my starting weight! I have a lot to put on between the end of the April Fool's Challenge and the start of this one so that this challenge will seem more impressive... I mean...
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group! Love the spread sheet idea. Thanks for doing this. :happy:
  • LetiPla
    LetiPla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is great, I never get anywhere, lose a few pounds and they come right back. so need the discipline to stay on track.
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Shmu/mule, have only just completed the starter form, hope this is OK and I can get added, was having a few days off MFP but am back for the challenge and raring to go :)
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Shmu has the spreadsheet smokin this morning, if you have entered data or sent him a PM, you should see your data up to date today. Good Luck folks.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Shmu/mule, have only just completed the starter form, hope this is OK and I can get added, was having a few days off MFP but am back for the challenge and raring to go :)

Cathy, your data was entered. Good luck!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hopietay
    Hopietay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI! I am unable to enter my name and info on the spreadsheet. Any advice?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hopletay:

Here is the link to the sign up form:
    http://goo.gl/iMul2k

Here is the link to the Independence Spreadsheet : http://goo.gl/dT4vm0

Go to the link to the sign up form. Fill out the form and some wonderful person will add you to the spread sheet. The other link is to the spreadsheet where next week you will click onto the april link on the bottom and fill in your weight.