Fruit Loops Green Smoothie

Options
Skoster1
Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
So I was reading someone's recipe for a smoothie which tastes like Lucky Charms:

http://www.delightedmomma.com/2013/03/the-best-low-carb-green-smoothie.html

Sadly, I can't get vanilla stevia or roasted flax seeds here, so I decided to make do with some other ideas. I think what I ended up with tastes pretty good, perhaps like Fruit Loops milk after the cereal is gone...

23jgyth.jpg

Ingredients:
1.25 cup unsweetened almond milk
50g ice cubes (I'd use 100g next time, I put it in grams because ice cubes here are not typically sized American ice cubes)
100g green leafy veggies (I think any will actually do, I had some leftover Romaine Lettuce I needed to use up)
½ avocado
Sweetener of choice (next time I'll delete this, I think the Mio is enough)
1/2 tsp Mio Strawberry Banana

Nutrients:
e88mfl.png

Replies

• AMPitup89
    AMPitup89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!! I've been needing a easier way to get more greens in and up my potassium.

What does the mio use a sweetener? I don't use Splenda or any of that stuff so I may have to try to substitute with flavored stevia or something.
  • Skoster1
    Options
    Sucralose and Acesulfame potassium. Sucralose is the sweetening agent in Splenda, however since it has no granular binder in liquid form it (apparently) has no carbs.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @Skoster1 that looks fantastic.

I have a thread-hijack question: How did you get your MFP to give you net carbs? That is fantastic!
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME question :-)

How do you get it to show Net Carbs?

I just make sure my diary shows carbs and fiber, and then I do the math, but I would love to see a column that says NET CARBS.
  • Skoster1
    Options
    @Skoster1 that looks fantastic.

I have a thread-hijack question: How did you get your MFP to give you net carbs? That is fantastic!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124645

In case you also want to adjust your goals in 1% increments:

http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks *Skoster1*...When I saw fruit loops, I had to come in and read (big smile). I, too, appreciate the links for adding net carbs. I *do not* like artificial sweeteners, soo I saw that you might just exclude it next time...which with the banana, that is already sweet enough...I'm good already :):) THANKS again. Btw...the picture was LOVELY!! :happy:
  • Skoster1
    Options
    Thanks *Skoster1*...When I saw fruit loops, I had to come in and read (big smile). I, too, appreciate the links for adding net carbs. I *do not* like artificial sweeteners, soo I saw that you might just exclude it next time...which with the banana, that is already sweet enough...I'm good already :):) THANKS again. Btw...the picture was LOVELY!! :happy:

Sure thing!

Keep in mind that the Mio water flavor enhancer stuff (the strawberry banana thing in the recipe) has the *same* sweetener as Splenda, so if you don't like Splenda you might not like the strawberry banana stuff.

P.S. Celery does *not* work in this drink, it came out way too chunky strange.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You are the best! Thank you so much.