Stress ate at a coping with stress workshop

Options
agalassie
agalassie Posts: 48 Member
This is ironic, but there was DELICIOUS free food at a coping with stress workshop I went to. And so I knew I would go over on calories a bit with it, but it was so good that I ate it. During the break of the seminar, I logged it and saw how bad the food actually was and then that stressed me out, so I ate more. It is terrible and now I feel terrible

Replies

• GillaMahogany
    Options
    Ok that's exactly funny, but it's sort of funny. I know exactly what you mean about seeing how far over your calories you went and then being like screw it and just keep eating. Hope you learned something at the workshop anyway!
  • agalassie
    Options
    I learned a lot there and I'm super glad I went, even if it did ultimately end up with going over calories. I'm hoping to put those strategies into practice more. The main point is that it takes practice to switch from an unhealthy coping mechanism (eating) to a more positive one, so just have to practice until it becomes easier!
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I don't mean to be an *kitten*, but the title of your post, when I was just scanning along, made me completely LOL! I am sorry for laughing but thanks for the giggle :-) I have given in to stress eating a couple of times this week but have been more aware anyway. Which makes me feel a little better. I think awareness is the first thing...so guess it was good that you logged those cals. So right...it takes a lot of practice to switch habits. We've been at the old habits a long time, after all. Hug...
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Stress workshops always seemed a bit stupid to me. Put on by management to pretend they are helping. Having food that is high calorie and not good for you at a meeting shows me they are really insensitive and any workshop from them would be a total waste of time. Don't set yourself up and don't go again. Go for a walk or to a movie or have fun with a friend, this will help you more then that type of class. Blame the class/teacher/management not yourself.
  • agalassie
    Options
    No, I can only blame myself for doing it, since I could've just stuck with the healthier options and practiced more control. And maybe in your experience stress workshops aren't super helpful, but I actually really enjoyed this one and got a lot out of it, so I wouldn't say it was a waste of time.