hello

Options
hi is this group still active?
Anyway to make it better known so we can support each other?

I am knockin on 50 and realized I feel like and my health is like a man of 70.
Joined a gym. Hired a Trainer. Been working at it since March. Lost 30 pounds.
Only have 150 more to go!
Trainer is great and encouraging but he is busy.
He says our workouts are going great, but I have to develop a meal plan and stick to it so I can lose the weight.
Anyone in area succeeded in an effort like this?
Any encouraging ideas or suggestions??

Replies

• ewg005
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 24, and currently going to LSU. I've tried My Fitness Pal about two years ago, but didn't stick to it. I started using it again a few months ago, and it's been working well. I started off at 153 Lbs (5'2"), and am currently 142. I hope to make it to 118 Lbs eventually. I've been trying to exercise a couple times a week for about an hour. Does anyone have advice on strength training for females versus cardio? Anyway, I found this group so I thought I'd introduce myself to my new diet buddies :)
  • wsellers
    wsellers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.... I just started using MyFitnessPal again --- after being gone for a while... Just started the Ideal Protein (IdealProtein.com) diet --- and ready to get back on track.

Just found this group ---- and found that you were the last person that posted... ;) Just wanted to say hi.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I'm still active but have a hard time remembering to check in with the group! Ack!

Great job so far guys! I will try to make a point to be more active with this group again!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 24, and currently going to LSU. I've tried My Fitness Pal about two years ago, but didn't stick to it. I started using it again a few months ago, and it's been working well. I started off at 153 Lbs (5'2"), and am currently 142. I hope to make it to 118 Lbs eventually. I've been trying to exercise a couple times a week for about an hour. Does anyone have advice on strength training for females versus cardio? Anyway, I found this group so I thought I'd introduce myself to my new diet buddies :)

I've not heard it in place of cardio, but I try to do 2-3 times strength training per week. I try to do cardio at least 5x and that method has really helped with my weight loss! Good luck to you!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    hi is this group still active?
    Anyway to make it better known so we can support each other?

I am knockin on 50 and realized I feel like and my health is like a man of 70.
    Joined a gym. Hired a Trainer. Been working at it since March. Lost 30 pounds.
    Only have 150 more to go!
    Trainer is great and encouraging but he is busy.
    He says our workouts are going great, but I have to develop a meal plan and stick to it so I can lose the weight.
    Anyone in area succeeded in an effort like this?
    Any encouraging ideas or suggestions??

Fantastic job with the 30 down! That's wonderful! That's basically what I'm trying to do, work on eating healthier and logging everything!

What type of work outs do you do with your trainer?
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Hi.... I just started using MyFitnessPal again --- after being gone for a while... Just started the Ideal Protein (IdealProtein.com) diet --- and ready to get back on track.

Just found this group ---- and found that you were the last person that posted... ;) Just wanted to say hi.

Welcome and glad you found this group!
  • toklotursa
    toklotursa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I hope this is still active.
    150lbs to lose.
    Trying to get things started.
    Springfield LA
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options