Brand new to this!

Options
Bunbun1964
Bunbun1964 Posts: 2 Member
Hii,my son, husband and I are all starting keto tomorrow, not really sure what i am doing..any words of wisdom from those of you who have been doing this for a while?

Replies

• meglizbo
    meglizbo Posts: 42
    Options
    Make sure you use a keto calc! This one is pretty good: http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

Best of luck! The first days are HARD, stick with it, it is totally worth it! :smile:
  • Bunbun1964
    Bunbun1964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Treat it as a life style change, it might get worse before it gets better. I felt like crap in first 3 weeks, I tried to exercise in week 1, felt horrible. I didn't work out for first 3 weeks, just let my body get keto adapted. I ate ton of food, more like 3000-3500 cals in the beginning, snacked on cheese, nuts and sausages. Now I eat lot less than that with out having to worry about counting cals. After 4 weeks, it was awesome. There will be bumps along the way, don't give up but work through them.
  • shannonlee337
    Options
    I'm new too! I started Keto the first of March. I lost a whopping .2 lbs the first month. After that, I decided to pay closer attention to my portions and macros. I began that at the beginning of April. Hopefully I'll see a bigger change this month. I feel good and pretty much only get truly hungry when it's about time for a meal. Before, I was always craving sugar and carbs and never satisfied, not to mention sleepy and foggy. I definitely feel better eating a high fat diet. Now if I could just get it adjusted so I lose some weight, it would be awesome!:smile:
  • bfnaught
    bfnaught Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A few things I've learned in my first 2 weeks of keto:

1. Track everything. I don't think calorie count is all that important, but tracking your fat/protein/carb intake is crucial. It is also useful in monitoring your potassium levels.

2. Prepare meals in advance. Every Sunday I bake a bunch of chicken breast so I have something quick to take for lunch.

3. The idea of fat bombs and bulletproof coffee might seem weird and a bit gross at first,but once you get your metrics dialed in you will see how absolutely necessary they are. Embrace them.

4. Fill you house and work with snacks like cheese sticks, pepperoni, nuts, pork rinds. Never be without.

5. Friend some people around here and peek at their food diaries.

Good luck.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A few things I've learned in my first 2 weeks of keto:

1. Track everything. I don't think calorie count is all that important, but tracking your fat/protein/carb intake is crucial. It is also useful in monitoring your potassium levels.

2. Prepare meals in advance. Every Sunday I bake a bunch of chicken breast so I have something quick to take for lunch.

3. The idea of fat bombs and bulletproof coffee might seem weird and a bit gross at first,but once you get your metrics dialed in you will see how absolutely necessary they are. Embrace them.

4. Fill you house and work with snacks like cheese sticks, pepperoni, nuts, pork rinds. Never be without.

5. Friend some people around here and peek at their food diaries.

Good luck.

:drinker:

Really solid advice.