New to C25K

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Cassie and I'm currently 5'4" and 193lbs. I started trying to lose weight at the 1st of the year and am proud to say that with April right around the corner, I'm still working at it. I started at 215lbs!

I just started the C25k program a couple weeks ago and so far, I'm loving it. My week 2, I repeated the first week and I can definitely feel my endurance building. I've also noticed that I can breath a little deeper than I had been able to before. The only negative effect that I'm noticing and working on figuring out how to combat is my feet cramping. Some days are worse than others. I'm wonder if I'm just not drinking enough water.

Anyway, my goal with C25k is being able to run a 5k this summer. I'd like to continue on to the 10k and eventually all the way up to the marathon programs, but little steps! :) Excited to keep working on this and hope to see continued improvement with my weight loss!

Have a great night all!

Cassie

Replies

• melinda11587
    melinda11587 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started c25k for the 2nd time today. The first time I finished but did nothing after. I had to do the program with 2 days in between each run bc my knees hurt. It took me a little longer that way but helped a lot. I don't know if that would help with your cramping?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My name is Cassie and I'm currently 5'4" and 193lbs. I started trying to lose weight at the 1st of the year and am proud to say that with April right around the corner, I'm still working at it. I started at 215lbs!

Well done, that's good progress.
    The only negative effect that I'm noticing and working on figuring out how to combat is my feet cramping. Some days are worse than others. I'm wonder if I'm just not drinking enough water.

Could be a number of different things, but hydration is something that can contribute to cramps, although usually around the trunk area rather than the feet.

It might be that your shoes don't quite fit, or you have them laced in a way that's causing it. I know with my older road shoes if I'm overenthusiastic in tightening them across the first joint forward of the ankle I can end up with quite a lot of pain, try playing with different lacing patterns or tensions, or if you haven't had shoes fitted for running then that might be worth exploring.
  • sarahorange55
    Options
    Hello and welcome I am in week 3 - just started! but we seem to have very similar stats - so good luck

re cramping feet I did some research into this and there are exercise that you can do as a warm down to help - however the best thing that I found is - well you know those foam things you put inbetween your toes when you paint your nails? well after a run or for 30 mins in bed wear them - they stretch your toes out which aligns the feet and stops the plantafascitis (not spelling right!) which is what pain I get - sounds daft but I have found it really working!

There are other ones like picking up a pencil with toes or spelling out alphabet with feet etc but this is a simple one and most people have the foam thingies around the house already!

Hope it helps!
    Sarah