I am back!!

Options
Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
Hi!
I had joined in May of 2013 then quit. This is the story of my diet life - start, stop, start again. So here I am starting again.
I did shed 25 lbs. last year then gained 10 of them back. But that is better than gaining all 25 back. I am ready to shed the 10 and many more pounds. I am 68 yo and ready to tackle this weight.
I would love to be a part of the 60+ group if you all would allow me to join you.
Thanks!

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Howdy howdy Hi Hi!

Glad to have you with us, and to start again with a 15 pound 'head start' is terrific!

enjoy :)

-marilyn (ker)
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome back .... you will enjoy this group.. we all support each other, give great advice and tips and have a laugh too.....

You did great last time and will do again! :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Plan to stick with it this time, and you'll succeed.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thanks!
    My problem is: I have this very wide band that goes from the top of my head to my feet that is called REBELLION! I am doing great, wake up one morning and say "I don't want to do "it" anymore". The "it" can be anything with healthy eating and exercising.
    So, please help me when this happens as I do not want to gain - I really want my weight numbers to go down.
    My husband is very concerned about me and I want to be healthy so he doesn't have to have that worry and concern.
    I am excited to be a part of this group!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I love the idea of us being rebellious as we get more mature...lol.. ... I started learning to play guitar when I was 58...I got a tattoo when I was 60......... I started running when I was 62....

Many ladies put on a few pounds as they become more mature and they accept it as part of the ageing process .... so let's rebel against that attitude and instead show that we can all be slim, gorgeous and healthy! :smile:

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebamae and welcome to the cool rebellious group! LOL At least you knew to come back and that is good in itself. Just hang with us and we will cheer you on and you will succeed!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to THE REBELS!

First of all... let's get one thing straight. :happy:

We're NOT going to call this 'a diet'. :noway:

I think the D word has TOO many NEGATIVE connotations. Seriously, just thinking about that word pushes my REBELLIOUS
    buttons and makes me want to RUN for the nearest hot fudge sundae.

I am personally trying to put myself in a frame of mind that makes me WANT to live a more healthy lifestyle.
    I try to not feel "deprived", but embrace eating healthy, REAL food. I am trying to BE the thin person that inside, rather than
    a lumpy middle-aged woman struggling against bad habits and the ever-present temptations all around me.

We CAN do this!!

:flowerforyou:
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rebamae! And hi to everyone. I am joining this group because I am the RIGHT AGE! Ha! I am 62 and have been working on losing weight for a couple years here on MFP. During that time, made good friends, quit work, as in forced to retire, sold my house, moved and still trying to get it all together now. Not working really has slowed me down and since I enjoy eating, I gain fairly easy now. I joined a gym to get moving again and have been getting pretty consistent with that. Still I am gaining weight so I started cutting back on calories today. It is driving me nuts! I am not going to quit or anything bad, but heck, I thought I should check out my age group and get inspired. I can't be the only one struggling at my age to lose weight. I think I am doing all the right stuff. I will be here to give and get support :)
  • bedwellchris
    bedwellchris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    The secret is to not quit the healthy eating after a short absences, but to get right back on as quickly as you can. We just got back from spring break vacation and I ate horribly the last 3-4 days. But I'm ready to get back on track NOW. I enjoyed the break and went a little overboard on the candy, but as long as I don't continue, all's good.
    We are here to support you; just remember, we all get off track but it is not the end. I'm almost 61 and planning to look FAB when we go to Mexico in 3 months. :flowerforyou:
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Rebellion? That's supposedly the foundation of the Red Hat Ladies.(Remember the poem that started it all? It said when you got older you could do any darn thing you liked, such as wearing a red hat with a purple dress!) Somewhere in there, it became a formal organization that REQUIRED members to wear red hats and purple outfits...or at least red hats. Where's the rebellion in that?
    I'm not a joiner, I guess, and even though I own a red hat, I was never tempted.

This group is another story. Our "rebellion" is not against aging...There's no stopping that (Funny, there's a banner ad for a plastic surgeon right above my comment page!) Our rebellion should be against the concept that age 60 (or 70, in my case) requires us to stop caring about our appearance and health, and to believe that a sedentary lifestyle and weight gain are inevitable as we get older.

Who's ready to join me in this rebellion???
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I remember when I was 50 I bought a pair of red boots and my son said...they are a bit kinky! I loved that! :bigsmile:

A few weeks ago I was down in Brighton with him when I bought ...... a red hat!

Let's all get kinky!:happy:

Jean
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the rebellion. Growing older is a wonderful thing especially when we can be healthy and fit!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Rebellion? That's supposedly the foundation of the Red Hat Ladies.(Remember the poem that started it all? It said when you got older you could do any darn thing you liked, such as wearing a red hat with a purple dress!) Somewhere in there, it became a formal organization that REQUIRED members to wear red hats and purple outfits...or at least red hats. Where's the rebellion in that?
    I'm not a joiner, I guess, and even though I own a red hat, I was never tempted.

This group is another story. Our "rebellion" is not against aging...There's no stopping that (Funny, there's a banner ad for a plastic surgeon right above my comment page!) Our rebellion should be against the concept that age 60 (or 70, in my case) requires us to stop caring about our appearance and health, and to believe that a sedentary lifestyle and weight gain are inevitable as we get older.

Who's ready to join me in this rebellion???

I am!! I'm not a joiner either. What's that quote attributed to Groucho Marx: "I would not join any club that would accept me as a member.."

Let's each free our INNER rebel!!!!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I just knew this rebellious streak was good for something!! Let's go for it! I am ready to be rebellious about gaining weigh!! I will rebel against the gaining!!
    I can tell I am going to love this group
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to hear our rebel yells.... especially as we get closer to goal weights :)

I already rebel against the concept of growing up; love the idea of rebelling against the concept of expected weight gain as the number of celebrated birthdays increase (rebelling against 'getting older' concept while I'm at it LOL)

Onwards, rebels!
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!! And Good Luck with your weight loss..:smile: