Season 4 - Ep. 16 - SEASON FINALE - 03/30/14

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 03/30/14 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

SEASON FINALE!! Last episode of the season.

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-416-the-walking-dead-a

YouTube Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYvL-3nPBOE

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    Options
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-walking-dead--creator-robert-kirkman-on-the-season-4-finale--it-s--savage-011055155.html

When asked to describe the season finale Robert Kirman replied "Savage." He also states that "No character is too popular to die. (Suck it, Reedus!)" :noway:
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,123 Member
    Options
    I'm a little freaked out that they might kill off some of our fav characters....
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Can we all collectively agree that Carl needs to be smacked upside the head for running TOWARDS someone that is screaming. I thought he was smarter than that!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to actually seeing Rick/Michonne this season! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My fav Daryl may be in trouble. The way he's with that awful group....and they are tracking Rick and his group...if Daryl goes...I bet it will be by sacrificing himself to save the others. He is such a fan favorite but so was Hershel!! The way he was talking about being nobody.....it would be the perfect way for him to go out. A hero.

I hope NOT...but I wouldn't be surprised either!!!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Great episode tonight. Was on pins and needles the entire time. very interesting end to the season. I'm glad to see them all alive, but looks like they are being stored as food. Yuck.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an episode...

It was harrowing hearing those cries of "help!" and seeing those bones in the open plaza area. Creepy! Glad Carl didn't eat what Mary served him. They're sure better organized and armed than the prison ever was. That's the kind of organization I wanted to see at the prison.

Gareth said the same exact thing to Rick's group that Mary did to Glenn's group. "Looks like you've been on the road for a while." They must have a script they follow for new people to calm them.

I thought it was strange Rick never said to Darryl, "what do you mean Beth is gone?" Rick just accepted Darryl's statement "she's gone."
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping Carol, & Tyrese heard all that gunfire & changed direction. But then again Carol would figure out some way to "take care" of everyone to protect the group.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My head is still reeling...

I know Daryl is the fan favorite, but I have said all along that Rick is the real badass on that show, and boy, did he prove it last night. Rick is a beast!! He will do ANYTHING to protect the ones he loves! I loved that last line before the show ended. I knew exactly what he was going to say before he said, though, I am disappointed that the producers didn't say the big F U to FCC and used the f-bomb for that line. I mean that line needed that impact, you know.

I'm worried about Carol and Tyrese. If they fall into the trap, do you think they would take baby Judith away from them? They are cannibals, but somehow, I don't see them sitting well with murdering and eating children. I think that is why they were at least attempting to separate Carl from the others.

I'm also worried about Beth. I think Rick just accepted Daryl's explanation that Beth was just gone because so many crazy things happen all the time in this new reality. I think Rick just realized that the story was too convoluted, and whatever happened, Daryl was probably still in shock. I think Maggie will likely bring the attention back to Beth once their situation has stabilized.

I can not wait for next season!! *sigh*
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Rick's back! Glad to see him as the strong--possibly stronger--character than what he had been portrayed for much of this season.

This episode kind of wrapped up the whole transition for Rick. Once leader, lost it, group was led by council. Then circumstances force Rick back into the leader position and I think he is finally going to own it. No more struggles with who he has become, he knows he's a badass now.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Amazing episode. It was funny because I was almost certain someone was going to die so I sat there the whole episode waiting for my heart to be ripped out and as creepy as Terminus is I was actually relieved when I saw that they were all in that train compartment together.

I was so glad that they found a way to make Scott Wilson/Hershel a part of this episode through the flashbacks. Love him.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, there is only a small handful of the original group left. Rick, Carl, Glenn, Daryl, and Carol. The strongest men, the strongest kid (mostly alive only because of his dad), and the strongest female. I wouldn't have considered Carol the strongest female back in season one, but she has definitely proven herself worthy of survival in this season.

Poll for the group. If the show were left without ANY of its original cast members, would you still watch?
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    In answer to the Poll, yes I would watch but I would miss my Daryl :wink:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I was annoyed by all the flashbacks. It was such filler. They could have done one flashback and left it at that. I felt the flashbacks were just padding.

Nice hinting of what was to come when Rick showed Carl the way a trap is set.

I don't read the comics, so I don't know who Nagen is.

That Gareth seems more like the leader than Mary. When he noticed the poncho, watch and riot gear, he should have waited for a quiet moment with the group before he announced it.

I would still watch even if the original cast left/died. :laugh:
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that I liked the flashbacks in this episode. First of all I loved seeing Herschel back. Second I think it really showed the transitions that Rick has been struggling with this whole time. He wanted to be the leader, then he wanted to be the farmer and now he's back to being what he needs to be with the group.

I jumped up and cheered when he finally tore Joe's throat out. You could tell that he was on the breaking point and when that guy finally attacked Carl that was it. The whole scene with the confrontation of Joe's gang was amazing. Michonne was such a bad *kitten*. I really thought that we might lose Daryl in that scene. And I love that Carl finally realized that some of the stuff that he's done (shooting that kid at the end of season 3) has changed him.

I loved seeing the interactions between Michonne and Carl in this episode. Especially the part when she tells him that he helped bring her back. That one got me right in the feels.

The whole sequence at Terminus was so amazing!! So many subtle details that made it creepy, scary, awesome. The room full of candle must have been a memorial to all of the people that they've eaten. Those shipping containers must have been full of people because you could hear them screaming as Rick & his group ran past. Then there was that pile of bloody bones....eeeekkk!!! I'm so glad to see everyone reunited and alive in the rail car I just wish it was under better circumstances. I really hope that they managed to get out of there without huge loses.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Just a quick reminder to not discuss any possible comic book spoilers in the episodes threads. Not everyone has read the comic books and we don't want to give away any possible spoilers. Thanks :smile:
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Nice hinting of what was to come when Rick showed Carl the way a trap is set.

I noticed that too. Definitely a parallel to Terminus. And I love how Andrew Lincoln called the people in Terminus "Termites" on the Talking Dead. They have much more man power than I thought they would. And where did all those weapons come from!! Ugh!!! I can't believe we have to wait until October!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I was wondering why the episode was named "A" but if you watch when Rick & his group were running through Terminus you kept seeing the letter "A". It's like they were specifically being herded through certain doorways and building to get them exactly where they wanted them. These are some organized cannibals!!