Survived my first day!!! yay

Options
caranais
caranais Posts: 101 Member
My DVD and weights arrived yesterday, so I went for it this morning - and surprisingly survived.. This is great for me as I am always reluctant to do something I think might be a challenge. Well, it was a challenge, but I did the whole lot, I feel very self righteous now but spurred on to carry on. I'm really happy this morning. :happy:

Replies

• kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nice! I think I'm going to start a little early too! Even though we're technically starting the challenge on the 1st, I think I'm going to start it on Monday the 31st instead.. just cause I'll feel better starting something on a Monday...

MjAxMi1iYzU3MjQ3MTg1MDUxZGRk.png
  • smalacarne
    Options
    good for you! I found my DVD yesterday too but didnt start yet.. What pound weights did you use?
  • Bionic_Dee
    Options
    I might give it a go tomorrow as well. It's been awhile since I've done the DVD so it might be nice to do it again once to pick up the moves and pacing. I remember it being killer!

Can't wait to start the challenge... would really like to be recognizable as my former, fitter self by the summertime. But as long as I'm progressing, instead of stagnating or *gasp* gaining, I'll be happy!

Good luck all!
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good job to the ladies who jumped right in and gave it a go!!! I, for one, am waiting until the 1st because I am NOT a morning person and that's the only time I have to do the workout so I'm milking every last morning of sleeping in a little that I can. LOL On the plus side, I love this workout because it's not too long so I only have to roll out of bed 30 minutes earlier, I can do this!!!! I'm training with my daughters after work (6:30pm) so I'll be doing daily doubles woo hoo... I'm excited to see the results!
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    Good job completing your first day! one day down 29 to go! I am wanting to start on the 1st because April is exactly 30 days so its an easy way to keep track :) even though i would rather start on a Monday too ( it just feels right) I like that i cant start day one of April then know I am all done the 30th! Whoever wants to post measurements before pictures i will start a thread on the 31st! Cant wait to get started with everyone!!!
  • caranais
    Options
    I used 2 x 2.5lbs weights. As I have never done any weights before, I think its plenty for me to start with. Yes it makes sense to start April 1st, I only started early as I go on holiday to Spain 29 April, so I had exactly 30 days from yesterday (taking a day off each week), I felt good all day today after doing it, and am even looking forward to tomorrow. One tip my son (who's very fit and sporty) gave me was to drink a protein shake after if possible - apparently it helps repair the muscles that are torn during the exercise. I tried it although found it very hard to drink. I don't like milk shake type drinks at all but got it down anyway. I'll add my starting measurements on Monday 31st March with everyone else if that's ok? Good luck everyone xxx
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am excited. I am going to watch level 1 on Youtube tonight to get myself hyped up to start tomorrow. I will take some before pictures and my measurements in the morning before I start. Can't wait!
  • caranais
    Options
    Survived day 2!!!! Hooray. Didn't feel much like doing it this morning, but just went for it anyway. Muscles a little sore from yesterday but not too bad at all really - better than I expected. Cardio bits were a bit easier today and felt more comfortable doing it as I knew what was coming next, Was so pleased afterwards that I just sucked it up and did it. Jillian is very encouraging during the workout, her comments are true, I've done it two days, so I know I can now, and if you want results in 20 minutes instead of spending hours at the gym, then you have to put in the effort. I've decided to do it every morning then it doesn't matter how the day pans out, I've got it done. I've always got more energy in the mornings anyway and am so busy at work at the moment I know if I had to do it after work I probably wouldn't bother.
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Survived day 2!!!! Hooray. Didn't feel much like doing it this morning, but just went for it anyway. Muscles a little sore from yesterday but not too bad at all really - better than I expected. Cardio bits were a bit easier today and felt more comfortable doing it as I knew what was coming next, Was so pleased afterwards that I just sucked it up and did it. Jillian is very encouraging during the workout, her comments are true, I've done it two days, so I know I can now, and if you want results in 20 minutes instead of spending hours at the gym, then you have to put in the effort. I've decided to do it every morning then it doesn't matter how the day pans out, I've got it done. I've always got more energy in the mornings anyway and am so busy at work at the moment I know if I had to do it after work I probably wouldn't bother.
    Great job!! Good luck with day 3!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning....well I am on day 8 of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred....I was traveling on Saturday and Sunday of last week (I took my DVD along with my work-out clothes, but just didn't have the chance to get it in) so I should have been on day 10, but oh well! Each day it's getting a little easier to complete the excercises so I'm quite proud of myself for hanging in there! In a few days we all will be in this thing together!!!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    wow great job!!
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 this morning (31st)....oddly enough I thought today was the first. Guess I played an April Fool's prank on myself. :)

I did 30DS at the beginning of my weight loss and I have to say 60 pounds lighter its SOOOO much easier. Only thing I had a hard time with were the push-ups, but my arms have always been weak. That needs to be my goal this month.
  • chmosby
    chmosby Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started today (just feels better to me to start on a Monday...OCD!) Ha!! So....Day 1 of 30 day shred....DONE! I couldn't keep up with her completely and I did have to modify some of the exercises, but I did it! I was sweating with just the warm up and was intimidated by that since the only other exercise I do is walking. I pushed through and the 20 minutes didn't KILL me like I thought it would. Here's hoping I can move tomorrow!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Great job ladies!!!
  • melissa_bebb
    Options
    I did one workout last week, but will count today as my official start date. Day one complete!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok I jumped ahead and did day one! It was great and hard I'm horrible at push-ups but everything else was hard but doable. I used 2x2.5 weights I have 2x5 for after I get more practiced I use those normally but not in a cardio situation. Good job guys I'm excited so many people are joining in.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good job! This is weird, but I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great!!!
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 3... surprisingly it was HARDER than day 2.... my calves burn!