April 2014 Who's in?

Options
kcasey155
kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
Hi, I'm Karen and I've lost over 30lbs so far just by walking several times a week. I enjoy having a target to work to and 100 miles is a nice round number to aim for! I'm in Surrey, England and am a mother of five.

Who are you? Where are you? And what's your target?

Replies

• MelxH
    MelxH Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)

I'm trying to lose the last 10kg (22lbs), I've been trying different types of workouts for a couple of years and I allways end up getting bored and quitting... this time, I've decided to do something that I love: walking! for alot of time I thought that was impossible to lose weight just by doing that, but I think I should give it a try (better than quitting and doing nothing)

I'm from Spain and I want to do at least 100miles this month (thats like 161km)
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly from Maine and I'm working on getting in shape and losing weight in the process. I've realized lately my weightloss is extremely slow no matter how well/clean I eat (I have PCOS w/insulin resistance and hypothyroidism), so I'm stepping away from the scale and letting how I look and feel determine if I'm on the right track. I use my Fitbit to track miles and steps.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hi... I am Lillian from Saskatchewan, Canada (land of the frozen -22 C this a.m. Hey Mother Nature "WHERE IS SPRING ANYWAY!!")

I worked really hard on the March challenge... and I am in on April

Currently training for the MS Walk on May 3rd. I want to be able to do the 10 Km walk.

So for April - I will walk outside 50 miles and walk inside 50 miles to Leslie Sansone so I get some weights in too.
  • lisakay58
    lisakay58 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in.
    Lisa from chilly NE Oregon.
    Looking forward to getting out there and walking!
  • LisaP0921
    LisaP0921 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Giving it another go in April after coming up short in March. Love the motivation this challenge gives me and am crossing my fingers that some better walking weather comes to us in Western New York soon! Another 8 inches of snow last night, yuck! Good luck to all this month!
  • fogelanne
    fogelanne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in for April. I live in Wisconsin and it is finally warming up:) I met my goal for March of 100 miles, so I am going to shoot for 125 miles in April.
  • MichaelDST
    MichaelDST Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in for April as well. I'm in Edmonton, AB and it's looking more and more like spring out there so maybe I can get off this treadmill and get outside for some of this challenge this month!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Jenny from Ireland here. I'm definitely in for April. Looking to push myself a bit harder this month, especially as the weather seems to be picking up here now (although that can change in an instant here in Ireland!) I have bought myself a pedometer that tracks distance walked so I think I am going to aim for 110 miles this month!

Good luck to everyone!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Christa from Maryland. I have lost 47 lbs in the past year, with most of the loss being from small diet changes and learning proper portions. In February, I decided that moving more and adding in some exercise would be of benefit.

I am super close to hitting my March goal, so I think I will keep it at 100 miles for April. I track my miles using my FitBit One, and currently I am tracking all my steps (not just purposeful exercise). My ultimate goal is to work towards being able to do 100 miles in planned walking (for exercise). I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and arthritis, which is why I am taking this slowly (just like I did with weight loss).
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I didn't quite make it last month due to 10 days off sick. I did get in 33 miles for week one 33 miles for week 2 and 20 miles in the last five days, so a total of 86. I'm sure I can do it this month.
  • Thelmalou85
    Options
    Hello:

My name is Thelma and I am in central Ohio. I am in for April as well. I enjoyed the March challenge. This time I am going to change the way I track my miles. I am only going to use the exercise miles I walk.

Take care.
  • marjanet
    marjanet Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marjanet from Eastern Ontario, Canada and I'm in for April. Hopefully the winter snow storms are behind us and there will be more warm sunny days for walking outdoors.
  • LollyChester
    Options
    I'm in for April! Have slowly been getting my walking/running (read: Very slow runner) increased and am ready to push myself in April!
  • TatyanaS63
    Options
    I am in and excited!!! I live in Washington so hopefully the weather will be nice in April for walking. If not I will use the treadmill at the gym.

Feel free to add me! Would love to keep up with everyone's progress.
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in for April! I live in Nebraska and the weather is typical Nebraska weather. I just started the Walk Away The Pounds videos on youtube and found that those are great! I will use that until the weather straightens out here.
  • harley97ya
    Options
    I'm in!! I love my knees and my knees hate running but are A-OK with walking!! I started on my walking kick in the fall, and was stalled by all the snow this winter. Now that it's SORT OF, spring, I'm out walking again!! I'm In for April!!
  • linda_v33
    linda_v33 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a new challenge in April! I did the March challenge and registered 127 miles with my Fitbit Flex, so all the steps I did.

This month I'll record only the outdoor walkings I map with Runtastic.
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Michelle from Nashville, TN. I'm in! I've fallen short the last 2 months. My goal is 100 miles (again) this month. I'm doing a half marathon on the 26th, so I have no choice but to get it together!!
  • thomasblastind
    thomasblastind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Noah from Northern VA. I am down 41 lbs so far and look forward to pushing myself even more.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group. My name is Joe from Missouri, thus the JoeMO part. I'm a retired elementary PE teacher. Currently I'm a Landscape Photographer in a local art gallery. I enjoy watercolors and pastels as well. My goal is 100 miles of walking/hiking.