Day 1 - Induction, Here we go!

Options
papillon71
papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
HI everyone

I lost 42lb last year doing low cal/low fat but stalled in September and have been the same weight since then. Some friends had massive success on Atkins so I am trying it out to see if I can shake things up a bit. I did all my grocery shopping yesterday as per my induction shopping list.

I live in the UK, I am 42, married with one son and a Burmese cat. Happy to connect with new friends doing Atkins for support and tips :-)

I have reset all my diary setting to reflect the Atkins goals.

Looking forward to the journey!

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this!!

I added you as a friend :)
  • pdlapoint
    pdlapoint Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today's my first day on Atkins as well! Woohoo! So far I enjoy it... though its only been 8 hours at most. Hahaha!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day as well. I did Atkins a few years ago and followed it to a T and lost about 63 pounds in 3 months. Then I had some personal problems in my family and the stress took over and I managed to eat myself back those 63lbs. I am back at it and gonna hit it hard again! Good luck to you!
  • florenciagysbertha
    florenciagysbertha Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day as well. I did Atkins a few years ago and followed it to a T and lost about 63 pounds in 3 months. Then I had some personal problems in my family and the stress took over and I managed to eat myself back those 63lbs. I am back at it and gonna hit it hard again! Good luck to you!

Hi I started on Atkins today but I'm really confused , apparently my current meals are still low fat, high protein and moderate carbs.
    Could you give me some feedback on my food diary :)

Morning:
    2 eggs, 1 egg white
    30 gr cheddar cheese
    1-2 Turkey sausage

Lunch:
    1 table spoon mayo
    1/2 tea spoon mustard powder
    sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper
    2-3 hearts of romaine lettuce
    1/2 cucumber
    shredded grilled chicken

Dinner:
    200-250 gr cauliflower & Broccoli mix
    or
    200 gr of spinach and mushrooms
    2 regular baked chicken thighs (marinated in lemon, garlic, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper and oregano)

Snack:
    Homemade Spicy tomato soup
    (tomato paste, beef tomatoes, sea salt, 5 Scottish bonnet chilli, chicken thigh, tilapia or beef, onions, garlic)
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Atkins Induction food: http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1/What-You-Can-Eat-in-this-Phase.aspx

The above is a link to the current Induction foods from the Atkins site. But To be honest, I have no interest in Atkins products (mostly because I think artificial sugar tastes disgusting). And when I did Induction for the first time I followed the older, much stricter standards than the link I posted. I am following the old standards this time around, too. You can still get the book with the old standards at the bookstore. It was my one and only contribution to the Atkins coffers and well worth it.

If you're interested, it's: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002 or prior versions).
  • ashleighrose13
    ashleighrose13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I'm back on Atkins for the second time myself. Lost 20 lbs about 5 years ago but have since slowly put it back on. I'm still in week one of induction and so far so good. Don't know if I lost anything yet because I don't have a scale and I generally lose much less on induction than others.
    If you're looking for a crunchy snack, which I always dearly miss while on Atkins, I found this great recipe for flax crackers that have no carbs and are super easy to make.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Ready to try this! I have been watching sugar and carbs for a few weeks and feel better. Really ready for the scale to move! Can someone share a link that explains induction and give me some breakfast ideas? I have gotten myself off cereal and have been eating bars. Can do eggs once in a while, but not everyday.

Let's do this!
    Sharon
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Hi I started on Atkins today but I'm really confused , apparently my current meals are still low fat, high protein and moderate carbs.

Morning:
    2 eggs, 1 egg white
    30 gr cheddar cheese
    1-2 Turkey sausage

Lunch:
    1 table spoon mayo
    1/2 cucumber
    shredded grilled chicken

Dinner:
    or
    2 regular baked chicken thighs (marinated in lemon, garlic, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper and oregano)

Snack:
    (tomato paste, beef tomatoes, sea salt, 5 Scottish bonnet chilli, chicken thigh, tilapia or beef, onions, garlic)

You need to add more things like butter to your broccoli.

An easy way to add more fats to your diet is to use olive oils and butters.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Morning:
    2 eggs, 1 egg white
    30 gr cheddar cheese
    1-2 Turkey sausage

Lunch:
    1 table spoon mayo
    1/2 cucumber
    shredded grilled chicken

Dinner:
    or

Snack:

I'm horrible at measuring conversions....but I if your in induction phase you are likely eating too many veggies....it sounds so backwards to limit veggies, but the book I have says that you can have 2-3 cups of "salad veggies" a day (cucumber, mushrooms, romaine) and then it says that the "other veggies" (cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, tomato (even tomato paste) say to only eat 1 cup if the salad greens havent exceeded 2 cups. Your menu looks a little heavy in the veggie area which may create the stall. the goal of atkins induction is to strive to eat under 20 grams of carbs for the day, with the majority of that coming from veggies. If you are no longer on induction and have started adding additional carbs in, you may need to back it down again until you start losing again. ****sorry if my lack of measurement conversion made my whole statement null and void*** :)
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am also back on Atkins...Its been about 2 weeks now!! As you can see by my ticker I have a ton of weight to lose, and hopefully I can obtain that goal mostly on atkins. Induction has been pretty rough, but I am finally to the point where I no longer crave that huge bowl of pasta or super sweet desserts. I havent been as strict as I would like to be, but I am still seeing Ok results. I was intending to add exercise back in yesterday and failed there....but I'm for sure hitting up the YMCA for Zumba tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to sweating again (i took a break when starting Atkins as I tend to feel a little crappy during the first week or so). I have the Atkins book (I know some people get the information of the internet...) so if anyone has any questions I will try to look them up in the book for you, but I do recommend checking one out of the library or buying one as I constantly find myself referring back to it, or re-reading areas for motivation. At any rate...good luck ladies and gents.....lets get beautiful!
  • florenciagysbertha
    florenciagysbertha Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I'm horrible at measuring conversions....but I if your in induction phase you are likely eating too many veggies....it sounds so backwards to limit veggies, but the book I have says that you can have 2-3 cups of "salad veggies" a day (cucumber, mushrooms, romaine) and then it says that the "other veggies" (cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, tomato (even tomato paste) say to only eat 1 cup if the salad greens havent exceeded 2 cups. Your menu looks a little heavy in the veggie area which may create the stall. the goal of atkins induction is to strive to eat under 20 grams of carbs for the day, with the majority of that coming from veggies. If you are no longer on induction and have started adding additional carbs in, you may need to back it down again until you start losing again. ****sorry if my lack of measurement conversion made my whole statement null and void*** :)

Oh right ! I get it now, thanks that was very helpful .. my current meals are 49 grams of carbs a day and I didn't understand how that was possible but it makes sense now. I will just alter it again tomorrow. Thanks allot !! :) , is there a certain amount of fat and protein your allowed in phase one as well ? because I might have too much of that as well