Been doing Keto for a week and....

Options
tamio9
tamio9 Posts: 12 Member
I only lost 1 pound and 2 1/2 inch on my waist, is this normal or I am doing the whole program wrong??
I thought I read I would lose a lot the first 2 weeks....
Kind Bummed..... :ohwell:

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    How many carbs are you eating? Are you watching your calories,too? Usually people lose a lot of water weight at first and thats why the numbers are so high. A loss is still a loss so that is something you should be happy about.
  • tamio9
    Options
    Carb count is between 25-35 a day depending on the day and whats going on. Calories are no more than 1600 a day.
    I am happy that I lost a few pounds, I just thought it would be more....
  • WellPickles
    WellPickles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did not see the big loss my first week either. I think some of us just don't. If you keep active and keep a calorie deficit it will melt away. Hang in there!

I understand the frustration, I feel it too. I've been doing keto over a month and busting butt at the gym, and still its a real slow loss... but it is a loss! And even if I only lose a pound a week, in a year it will be an amazing change. Feel free to add me if you'd like a slow loser buddy:)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much weight you have to lose? Try to focus on getting Keto Adapted and stop working out if you need to. I didn't work out when I started on Keto and ate like 3500 cals every day with out exercise in first 3 weeks. I eat lot less now even after work outs.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Carb count is between 25-35 a day depending on the day and whats going on. Calories are no more than 1600 a day.

I stayed strictly 20 grams of carbs or less the first two weeks. I think I dropped 4 pounds maybe a little more. My calories are about 1450 a day. I also did some mild exercise like brisk walking.
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    2.5 inches is great, no?

I am looking for keto friends. I did it 2 years ago and lost 40 pounds. Then I had a very traumatic diagnoses and surgery. (All is finally well now!) But gradually gained it back over the last 2 years bc I went back to reckless eating.

I am back now and ready to focus to drop this weight. This time I will not gain it back. I found I actually was able to add plenty of carbs back in and not gain but since I am an addict it was hard to control the sugar/carby carbs.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Watch your protein intake, also.

Keep in mind getting keto-adapted takes more than just low-carb: It also takes moderate protein and high-fat. Weight loss comes quite well when you find the ketogenic macronutrient-ratio and caloric-intake that works best for your overall metabolism.

As a woman, If your protein intake is more than 15% of your calories AND you're not exercising regularly (your diary is private, so I can't tell on either count) you may need to scale your protein back in order to get keto-adapted.

It's not just excess carbohydrate, but excess protein that can keep you from becoming keto-adapted. A lot of women out there are finding better success on a macronutrient ratio of 5% carbohydrate, 80% fat and 15% protein, FYI. It may be worth examining.
  • tamio9
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it!
    I will be looking into my protein intake this evening to see if I need to a just it or not..
    I am also not working out as much I as was, jus because I was going to the gym3-4 times a week for an hour and half to two hours and I lost NO weight. So my doctor told me to try low carb but that was it. So when I looked into I found the Keto and read up on it and thought I could handle it. I am walking 15-30 min day still but haven't been back to the gym, my body wasn't feeling good last week, I was dizzy and sluggish....
    I just wanted to see if a pound was normal or was I doing something wrong, my doctor is no help really, so I thought maybe I could find people who have been doing it . and I did thanks again!!