My scales have not moved!

Options
Utahgirl12
Utahgirl12 Posts: 172 Member
I'm brand new to this way of eating and have been doing it for a week. So far my scales have not moved at all, which I thought they would have by now! I've given up bread, pasta, pizza, potaoes, cakes, crisps, biscuits.....etc etc and nothing!

I started off trying to keep my carbs to under 100g, but then moved this downwards to nearer 50g or under in the last day or two.

Now I know that the scales is not the only way I will see health improvements, but I am a bit worried that maybe I am doing something wrong or that this way of eating is wrong for me. I've only just started eating meat again after 7 years of being a vegetarian so maybe this has got something to do with it? Maybe my body is adjusting?

I'm certainly going to stick with it. I just wondered what anyone else thought?

Lucy x (I have about 30 pounds to lose, so it's not just a couple of pounds!)

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Usually most of what you lose at first is water weight so you arent missing much. Keep your carbs at 50 net or less because those are the numbers most common to get the body into ketosis.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Under your my home tab there is a goal tab you can use to adjust your macros to a more low carb diet. While you are turning down the carb percent, up the fat percent as you should be eating more calories from fat then protein as too much protein can also slow down results.
  • Utahgirl12
    Options
    OK, thanks for that. Will up my fat ratio and see what happens.At the moment it's 15, 35, 50. I'll change it to 15, 30, 55. Does that sound OK?
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi, lots of people find this online calculator for your macros helps. Plug in your numbers and go! http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
    And keep calm and keto on :)
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    OK, thanks for that. Will up my fat ratio and see what happens.At the moment it's 15, 35, 50. I'll change it to 15, 30, 55. Does that sound OK?

You need higher fat and lower carb than that. My fat/pro/carb ratio is 70/25/5. As per the keto calculator @camtosh linked to, you will be able to tailor the macro to your needs. Try and keep carbs to 25g or less at least to start with to get you into Ketosis.

Careful of protein too. Too much and you will sabotage your ability to stay in Ketosis.

Don't be afraid to experiment a bit to see what works best for you and most importantly, don't be afraid of fat!
  • Utahgirl12
    Options
    Just a quick update.....they finally moved today! I'd sudden;y lost 3 pounds naked first thing when I weighed, which translated to 1.5 pounds off when I weighed (not naked!) in slimming club tonight! I also got my Club 10 award...which is 10% of my total weight.

Pleased....and going to continue on this path!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Pleased....and going to continue on this path!

Congratulations! Now, make sure that you refer to this whole thread the next time you hit a wall and are getting frustrated. It will prove as a really good reminder that if you just keep doing what you're doing and focus on all of the other benefits, the scale WILL eventually move. :-)
  • Utahgirl12
    Options
    Haha, I know...I am sooo impatient! Why can't this 30 pounds come off by next week?? Not fair...poor me...lol.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's good to hear things moving again