30 Day Squat Challenge Starts 1 April

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Thanks to DonnaW_78, who posted this on her news feed. Seems like a great idea - I'm going to give it a whirl.

http://workout-essentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/The-30-Day-Squat-Challenge-Workout-Program.jpg

This is what the plan for April looks like:

1 April - 50 squats
2 April - 55 squats
3 April - 60 squats
4 April - rest day

5 April - 70 squats
6 April - 75 squats
7 April - 80 squats
8 April - rest day

9 April - 100 squats
10 April - 105 squats
11 April - 110 squats
12 April - rest day

13 April - 130 squats
14 April - 135 squats
15 April - 140 squats
16 April - rest day

17 April - 150 squats
18 April - 155 squats – Good Friday
19 April - 160 squats - Easter weekend
20 April - rest day

21 April - 180 squats
22 April - 185 squats
23 April - 190 squats
24 April - rest day

25 April - 220 squats – give it up for the ANZACS
26 April - 225 squats
27 April - 230 squats
28 April - rest day

29 April - 240 squats
30 April - 250 squats (OMG)

1 May - surely must be a rest day :smile:

Not sure if there are any rules to this... Has anyone done this before and have any suggestions or comments?

I am thinking that the squats are body weight only and it's my suggestion to do them in sets of 15-20.

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Done!!!

I did my 50 squats all in one set. At about 43 it got tough, but then got easy again?? Weird. Anyway, I'll see if I can do 55 all in one set tomorrow and see how I go from there.

Good stuff!! I haven't been to the gym for over a week so at least this will make me feel like I'm doing something.

I'll be back at the gym on Thursday after I get my car fixed tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT to get back into it - especially now that the doctor said I can go back - I'll have to ease into it, might need to back off on the weight a bit, but I am really really really looking forward to getting back there.
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad you posted this Skim & are joining in the fun....ehhhh "fun" lol! There are no rules except get the days quota done within the day. I do find it best to knock them all out in one go & take a quick rest when needed. If you want to use weight that's cool too , otherwise body weight is fine. I do both, depending what I've got on that particular day.

Hope others can join in too ????
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I procrastinated over this for half an hour... but it was actually easy! Go team!

My butt better look good after this.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Totally up for this one. Remember people, strong core, knees over feet, not forward, and as low as you can go, ideally hips end up knee level or lower. Want to add some cardio? Little kicks or jumps at the top of each one. Go crazy people. First 50 done ????
  • donnam40
    Options
    55 done today - after 100 kettlebell swings (ouch!). Still owe 50 for yesterday - saw the challenge too late. I should get those in this afternoon.
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im in :smile:
    50 completed yesterday, & will be doing my 55 for today later at the gym.
    Ive managed to rope one of my friends in Will she have to join this group?? &I have a pregnant friend who Im considering a work in progress. I got her to do do 25 squats with me yesterday.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 2 - 55 squats done and dusted. *kitten* to the Grass!!
  • monbot
    Options
    May have lost count and done 60....
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Funny Mon, yesterday I almost kept going after 55 as well. I was on a roll.

60 squats for today!! I've got to start work, but I'm at home again today so I'll probably do them around lunch time (ish).
  • monbot
    Options
    I've caught up! Yay for 60 squats!
  • donnam40
    Options
    Caught up!
  • 0utfit
    0utfit Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I just joined on day 5. Are these squats with no weights?
  • monbot
    Options
    I do my squats without weights. I do them wide to target my dreaded inner thighs.

Just did my 70 after a step class and washing 2 cars (my little fiesta and my bf's monster hilux. urgh.). Little bit of struggle town.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    I really think you can do the squats in whatever format you like. I'm off to the gym today so I'm going to do half of them bodyweight only and then the other half weighted. Earlier this week I did BOSU squats, standing on the flat side and then another day I did squat/presses (at home) all in one set, using a 3kg weight for the press - which is pretty light but feels damn heavy on the 60th rep!

Anyone can join in - just copy and paste the day/squat first post and message to them if you have a friend that wants to do it. No need to join the group if they don't want to.

6 April today - 75 squats :smile:
  • jackielou867
    Options
    I keep for getting how many so I'm doing 100 a day till day 10 then adding 10 a day. Looking forward to 300 at the end of the month. Hubby said I'm crazy. I told him he can smack my butt at the end and see if he still thinks I'm crazy ;-)
  • monbot
    Options
    My 75 is done, even though I did a trillion in my gym class this morning.

EXACTLY a trillion and 75 done today.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    A trillion and 75 sounds pretty good... LOL!!!

Jackie!! What!!! I'm counting every single one!!

I did my 75 yesterday in 3 x 25, weighted with a shoulder press at the top. My first day back at the gym in 2 weeks, oh it was great. I thought I would be sore today, but nothing so far. Today will be a rest day (apart from my squats which I will do tonight after work) and walking to train/work etc.. Probably do about 15,000 steps, and a good thing too seeing I averaged about 3000 a day last week (working from home).

Hope you all have a great 80 :smile:
  • jackielou867
    Options
    Im doing mainly sets of 50. Gym day today though so I I might do sets of 25 in between my lifts :-)
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love this squat challenge (I think) - although if you start late do you have to catch up? I always seem to be late - sort of how I live my life really