03/31/14-04/06/14 How's it going?

Options
Hi all,
Just wanted to see how it is going for y'all.
I just started week 3 - alpha. Last week I got sick on Thursday and didn't workout Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I had to make up 3 workouts! Well, I did. I got them done all yesterday! I am sore right now but feeling great!

At this point I have noticed that my workouts were lacking because I was trying to keep up with them rather than focusing on my form. So I took a step back and decided to put my pride aside and follow the modifier when I noticed my form slipping. Most of the time it is when I am having to move my feet faster than I thought I could. Since switching to the modified moves when needed I am getting more of the moves down, I am more sore, and my form is so much better. So, just wanted to share. Don't be fooled, the modified moves kick your butt!

Well, folks keep up with the good work! Happy week!

Replies

• Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow way to get in 3 workouts in one day. Shoot just 1 is kicking my butt so i couldn't imagine 3. I just started yesterday, Monday and I have to use the modifier sometimes because I just don't feel coordinated enough to do alot of jumping back and forth and all that, but I'm working on it.
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Beta - it is going pretty good - I still do modifieds. I am looking forward to re-starting Alpha and dropping the modifieds. It takes determination for sure. I had thought I would have a partner,and that didn't happen so now it's all on me. I have lost @ 7 lbs and 7 inches.
  • Lucilu75
    Lucilu75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Done day 2 week 5 alpha. 3 TBC this week! Struggling. Think will re do week 5 next week. Follow Tanya half the time, and even then I sometimes struggle. Did you move on to beta no matter what or do you have to nail all of them before moving on?
    Haven't lost any weight and only 1cm from hips and half from waist. Oh well. Feel fitter though. Determined to finish it.
    L
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    First day of Gamma.. OMG. Probably the hardest workout I've ever done. I've never done so many burpees in such a short time frame in my life! That being said, I will probably be in the best shape of my life after the next month!
  • collroblola
    Options
    Hi!
    Yesterday I started Week three Alpha yesterday. I still keep forgetting to pick up a new measuring tape to track progress. For right now I am going by trying to fit into these blue pants I bought last year. Last night, I did a modified workout of JM One week shred too! Can't get over how I am able to work out more and more. First T25 workout I thought I was going to die!
  • morrisjr2013
    morrisjr2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did w2d1 last night and I as well modified more when I felt my form wasn't right. I can feel more in my arms and calves then I did last week. Tonight is TBC and honestly that is my least favorite one so far!
  • MzFrieda
    MzFrieda Posts: 10
    Options
    Alpha Week 2. Day 2. TBC...Sweat was pouring!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I sweat more doing TBC last night with the modified than ever before. My calorie burns are lower but I can tell I am getting a better work out. All of you are doing amazing! I really love checking off the workout when I finish. Makes me feel so accomplished. Even if every single time I check "barely made it". :). Keep up the awesome work everyone. My goal for the rest of this week is to get back on track with my food choices!
  • mipmicah
    mipmicah Posts: 31
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Beta - it is going pretty good - I still do modifieds. I am looking forward to re-starting Alpha and dropping the modifieds. It takes determination for sure. I had thought I would have a partner,and that didn't happen so now it's all on me. I have lost @ 7 lbs and 7 inches.

Great work... stay with it
  • mipmicah
    mipmicah Posts: 31
    Options
    First day of Gamma.. OMG. Probably the hardest workout I've ever done. I've never done so many burpees in such a short time frame in my life! That being said, I will probably be in the best shape of my life after the next month!

Heck Yeah, I'll be there in 13 days!

Today finished Beta week 4 day 2 - my hardest Dynamic Core - must modify many of the leg lifts
  • taters22
    taters22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 2 TBC ugh! It actually went a lot better than last weeks though. Last week I tried to stay with him and not modify but I was honest with myself that I am just not there. I have zero upper arm strength and will probably never be able to do a push up, (even after 30 day shred). I really love this program though, Shaun T is way less annoying than Jillian and he is very motivating.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 of Beta. Speed 2.0 is a completely different format from the other workouts thus far and I actually kinda like it!

Five weeks left of T25, and 6 weeks until I go on a cruise. Funny how that works out:happy:
  • slik1227
    Options
    T25 upper focus done! I hope I can get in a run or some cardio later today - guess it depends on how the day goes! Have a great one, everybody! :smile:
  • asherman1008
    Options
    Started Beta today and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to keep up! I really enjoyed the workout :) Looking forward to see what the rest of Beta has in store for me. I can't believe I made it this far! Starting to really see results and I love it!!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This morning completed week 1 day 4. and I am sore sore sore... can't wait to get the first week over with and measure and weigh and see if there are some results. I'm not expecting alot since it is the first week, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Week 3 if alpha day 1&2 done today took Monday and Tuesday off so will double up today n tmm to be back on track glad to see everyone pushing through
  • collroblola
    Options
    Good job everyone! Alpha lower focus completed.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just when I think I hate the work out I love them. Speed 1.0 yesterday I loved and again lower focus today. I am proud to say I completed the entire work out with minimal mods (only on ones that killed my knees until I get new shoes...mine suck so bad) and I feel like I nailed it! I kept up the entire time!!!! It is so awesome to finally be doing well. I think it took me the first 2 weeks just to figure out how to do the moves ha ha.

You all are doing so awesome. I see all the beta and gamma posts and I am so motivated!!! Keep it up everyone.
    *edited to correct spelling*
  • slik1227
    Options
    speed 2.0 done!
  • collroblola
    Options
    What kind of sneakers does everyone wear? I ended up working out barefoot yesterday cause my shoes were being an annoyance during the workout.