April Miles Walked (jogged, ran, etc.)

Options
JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
I read somewhere that walking 75 minutes a week will add two years to your life. That is amazing considering the years we take off our lives by eating bad foods, consuming bad drinks, smoking, not exercising, etc. you get my point. Walking is so heart healthy and so beneficial without wear and tear on your body.

I plan on logging in my walks for the month of April (alternating between the elliptical and walking the dogs after work) and would love to have some company. My goal will be to walk at least the 75 minutes each week but I am going to try and also shoot for 25 miles for the month. It does not seem like much but it seems realistic for me and my schedule.

Oh, for those of you that have a Driod; I downloaded an app that tracks not only the miles you walk but food, routes, etc. It is called – mapmywalk. I have used this app in the past to track and I really like it and it syncs immediately to MFP. Check it out!

Those of you that currently run or are using a Couch to 5K type app and want to keep track of miles feel free to use this spreadsheet as well.

This spreadsheet will be open to all so you can edit, add whatever and whenever.

We start Tuesday, April 1st! Let’s do this rock stars – hit the pavement!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgpzIPg2ZmtrdFhGbVo1dDZ5LUljMEJjY1gtcXJ2d3c#gid=0

xo,

Jo

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am in! I need some motivation to get moving. I did great in Jan and feb logging 40-45 miles a month. Then I got hit with bronchitis and in march I have logged only 9.5. I am finally close to 100% again so I am ready to get back in the swing of thing. I am setting my goal for April at 45 miles (either running, jogging, walking, or elliptical).
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Remember this one starts Tuesday!! Let's do this babes!

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Packing up my running clothes and hoping to get a couple mile in after work tomorrow!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    We officially start today peeps!! Cannot finish if we don't start.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgpzIPg2ZmtrdFhGbVo1dDZ5LUljMEJjY1gtcXJ2d3c#gid=0

Jo
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Logged mine in. Did you? :glasses: Start strong, finish strong peeps.

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Logged mine! managed to get in a nice 1.2 mile walk and a 2.2 mile run. It was absolutely gorgeous today!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The weather is only getting better. I can't wait to be able to simply head out the door and walk without having to put on 3 more layers.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Logged mine! managed to get in a nice 1.2 mile walk and a 2.2 mile run. It was absolutely gorgeous today!
    Nice work Dani!!

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Nice work so far ladies!:drinker:

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Managed a lunch walk and a run today. I am exhausted! It feels great to get moving again :-D
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I have been walking 3x a day, about half a mile each time and so far this is working out great. My walks are roughly 15 minutes each - perfect for a mini break in my work day and at the end of the day it all adds up.

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have been walking 3x a day, about half a mile each time and so far this is working out great. My walks are roughly 15 minutes each - perfect for a mini break in my work day and at the end of the day it all adds up.

Jo

That is great. I get a 30 min walk at lunch time at work when it is nice out and I don't have meetings (at least 3x most weeks) and am hoping that on days that I don't run after work, I can get another 15-30 minute walk in the evening. I am trying to run 3x a week and will hopefully get the bike tuned up and ready to go soon :-D
  • kerricus
    Options
    No one else wants to join in? It's spring! The weather's getting nice. Come on, other people must walk, right?
  • JRIV60
    Options
    No one else wants to join in? It's spring! The weather's getting nice. Come on, other people must walk, right?
    I totally agree - walk, run, fly, just get your butts moving!!

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I am proud of you all for keeping the momentum going! We are well on our way to our goal. :drinker:

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    You are killing it kerricus! Great logging!! :drinker:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Finally had a chance to update the sheet. I am starting to get back into the swing of things. I only had one really lazy day at my momS
  • JRIV60
    Options
    We are at the halfway mark; so proud if us for keeping it going! kerricus and Dani let's finish strong! :happy:

Jo
  • kerricus
    Options
    Finally updated my info, too. I about had a heart attack when I saw that the 75 miles remaining. For some reason, I was thinking it was telling me I had only done 75 miles and that didn't make sense to me. Too early in the morning for math.

Yesterday a front came through and it rained off and on all day. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting out there anyway and getting in my 6 miles. My dogs were no help--they hate the rain and thought staying in bed sounded better.