For today Apr 1st

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“For today: The OA program gives me the self-confidence all creative people have. How impoverished the world would be if its original thinkers – its artists, writers, scientists, and philosophers – took adverse criticism as a sign of their inferiority and turned to some other line of work.”

So true that what people think of you is none of your business! I try not to get caught up in someone else’s opinion and judgments about me, but I’m human. I don’t take compliments well, but I’m learning to. As someone in the artist arena, I get lots of positive feedback, but it takes just one negative comment, or constructive criticism to pull me down and keep me down. As I build up my confidence and self-esteem, I will likely care less. As long as I am putting forth effort in truth and honesty and continue to enjoy what I do, I know I’ll be just fine.

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    “For today: The OA program gives me the self-confidence all creative people have.

This is one of the things that is exciting to me as I get further along in my journey. Right now, I don't have a lot of self-confidence, but I'm working to change that. As my self-confidence grows, I hope to be able to enjoy putting myself "out there" a bit more and try doing things that I know that I don't do well or have never done at all, but look like they might be fun. I've never allowed myself to look like "a fool", but it seems like sometimes the fools are having a lot more fun than I am. That makes me wonder who is really the fool.
  • purplybob
    purplybob Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Boy do I need to grow in this area!