How to track these exercises?

Options
missybraden
missybraden Posts: 10 Member
Are these exercises in the database? I am trying to do a good job of tracking what I do, and didn't know what would match. Any ideas? Thanks for the motivation!

Replies

• eoleary720
    eoleary720 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it on a treadmill or outside? I do it outside and use the Endomondo running app at the same time as C25k. You can sync Endomondo with MFP and it will automatically log your workout for you.

If you're using a treadmill, note what speeds you're using for walking/running. Add up how much time for total running and total walking and then log it separately.

Hope that helps :)
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I 'run' slower than what I can find in the database so it doesn't work well for me.
  • eoleary720
    eoleary720 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can log the run as "walking" just go by the "mph". My first time around doing C25k I tracked my running intervals as "brisk walking" haha (although I don't know if that option is there anymore). It may not be totally accurate, but it's better than nothing.
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to do it manually - calculate speed based on time and distance running/walking and log minutes run/walked separately. Now I have an HRM I've just added C25k as a cardio exercise and then I note time and calorie burn from my HRM. Soooo much easier :)
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Download the RunKeeper app. It'll give you a good guesstimate of how many calories you burned. I usually just log it as walking/jogging intervals with the time and number of calories based on the RunKeeper app.
  • dwebbqt
    dwebbqt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My app asked if I wanted to post to MFP, and it shows how many calories burned for walking/jogging. Is this not very accurate? I also wear a fitbit so wondered if I should just let the fitbit pick it up.