Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Achieved my Level 1 ranking today

spicegeek
spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
136 snatches with a 16kg bell in my first competition ! - oh yeah won my division too !

Replies

• KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Good job! Not a lot of GS people in this group, but quite the accomplishment.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Nicely done!!
  • spicegeek
    Thanks ! I`m excited about starting to compete - it`s a whole other form of kettle bell work !
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Well done and Congratulations!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    That's awesome!
  • joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    Nice! Congratulations, and well done! I've never competed or even seen one. How's the competition structured--what are the events like?
  • spicegeek
    Nice! Congratulations, and well done! I've never competed or even seen one. How's the competition structured--what are the events like?

Kettlebell competitions are reps over a set time - MOSTLY 10 mins - there are some competitions that use the 5 min option but that is not common

The events are usually

snatch only
    Long cycle - which is a clean and jerk
    biathlon which is the total of 2 events - jerk and snatch - the jerk only is not usually a free standing event

you do as many reps as possible without stopping in 10 mins - you are allowed 1 hand switch if you are working with a single bell - the women's events are single bells - Men do everything exempt the snatch with double bells.

you have to achieve lock out and stillness for a rep to count.

Depending on the event they will offer different bell weights - women start at 8KG and up - men at 16KG - but not every event will offer divisions in all weights

there are 6 rankings

3, 2, 1, CMS, MS, MSIC

you have to execute a certain no of reps ( depending on your body weight ) with a certain weight to achieve each level - so for women using the 8kg bell they would be trying for a level 3 rank - I jumped right into level 1 with the 16kg !

My coach is moving me up t the 20kg next I believe although not sure what his plans are for competition - the next even is the US nationals in August - if you get a chance the competitions are a lot of fun to watch - very high energy !