Favorite WOD?

Options
Sorry if it's been done, but what's your favorite WOD?

Could be either benchmarks or one you just happened to do the other day?

I like any wod with situps, box jumps, and back squats, myself.

Replies

• sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Anything with heavy lifting (like Grace), situps, kbs, rowing, burpees. Seems like I can go for days on these things - the body weight exercises are my goats (since I'm overweight lol).
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We just did "Isabel" at my box tonight. I don't know why, but I always liked when we did that WOD, it's one of my favorites of the olympic lifts. I'm still scaled, but I always feel good when I finished.
  • cfkatie
    cfkatie Posts: 10
    Options
    Favorites: Filthy Fifty, Helen, Fight Gone Bad
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Fight Gone Bad is fun in an awful sort of way. Knowing the story behind it helps you mentally break it down IMO.

I like Grace as well because it is the first Girl workout I did after joining CF. Most of the other ones are still beyond me at RX, but Grace I could do.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Grace or Isabel hands down.

DT is also a favorite.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Grace or Isabel hands down.

DT is also a favorite.

Ooh, I've never done DT, but it does look fun.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have only done DT once. I would call it a lot of things but "fun" is not one of them! :noway: :tongue:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I just did Cindy today. It was fun.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Cindy was my very first crossfit workout. I did it with jumping pull ups (where the bar was barely above my head when my feet were flat on the ground) and push-ups against the wall. It's nice to see just how far I have come. Especially when I start getting down on myself for not being on a higher, more elite level.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Cindy was my very first crossfit workout. I did it with jumping pull ups (where the bar was barely above my head when my feet were flat on the ground) and push-ups against the wall. It's nice to see just how far I have come. Especially when I start getting down on myself for not being on a higher, more elite level.

Hell yeah! I think I was on jumping pull-ups my first time around, too! Oh the memories.

I love benchmark WODs.
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    anything with burpees, wall balls, thrusters, rowing, Russian KB swings, overhead lunges, bear crawl...

yay burpees!
  • upland64
    upland64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Late to the party but mine.......Filthy Fifty
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I did Filthy 50 today - it's brutal. Def not a favourite!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I like anything with a lot of lifting (particularly deadlifts, cleans, & push presses) and box jumps, burpees, thrusters, and DU's. 14.3 (deadlifts & box jumps) was probably my favorite, but I also liked 14.5 (thrusters & burpees) I liked the Filthy Fifty, the Bear Complex, and Sally. I haven't done Fight Gone Bad but it's the one I most want to do. My least favorite workouts are ones with a lot of pull ups or gymnastic elements from a bar. Fran is my least favorite, not because I find it taxing but because I can't do pull ups and have to take so many breaks that I feel like I get a terrible workout and then I have to go workout somewhere else after.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have only done DT once. I would call it a lot of things but "fun" is not one of them! :noway: :tongue:

I positively LOVE DT!!!! Actually, if I had to pick a favorite most favorite, that would be it: DT.