Newbie and need help!!

Options
skinnygurl02
skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
So I did the hcg diet and lost 25 pounds, I still have about 10 more to lose and in no way want to ever do hcg again...so I have converted over to atkins, which is way more unrestrictive. Trouble is I don't know how many calories, fat, protein to be taking in. Also, I started on Monday and when I checked ketones last night and this morning, the stick turned purple, so apparently I am in ketosis but, still not losing...any suggestions??

Replies

• Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    More info is needed to help troubleshoot such as seeing your diary, BMR, TDEE, carb goal, calorie goal, exercise, how you prepare food, etc.
  • skinnygurl02
    Options
    I opened diary... Been eating mainly meats, eggs, more eggs. I am sticking to below 20 carbs a day. Been swamped at work so haven't been exercising..BMR is 1552 and TDEE 1862...although I have been hanging around 1200..
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lol, I love eggs too! You definitely need to eat more. I personally have a really tough time losing an ounce when I eat less than my BMR. Try to eat between your BMR and TDEE. As for Macros, many people like to do high fat low carb, which is 70% fat. I find the higher fat 70% doesn't work as well for me. I need at least 30% protein in my diet. However, the body can convert protein into glucose, so too much protein may become a problem too. Everyone's body is different and you'll need to experiment a bit to figure out what macros work best for you. And generally, as long as net carbs are under 50g, most people will stay in ketosis. So, eat more green veggies and nuts too. Fiber is still important in a low carb diet. Also, being swamped at work could be causing you to retain water from stress. Try to find ways to relax when you can and drink plenty of water. Keep at it. It'll work. :-)
  • skinnygurl02
    Options
    Thank you so much!! You have been a big help. I would love to friend you for support:)