Thank You/Motivation Talk

Options
nineteentwenty
nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
I just hopped into this, I am PSYCHED. I love the spreadsheet, and am really looking forward to working with you guys. Feel free to add me as a friend, just tell me you're in this group so I know who you are :)

In the meantime, let's chat! What are some of your motivation strategies? I like to tell myself that if I don't see a loss every week, I can't go drinking the following weekend. I am also waiting for my bikini in the mail, and as soon as it ships I will be taking progress photos in it. Nothing kicks a girl in the butt like cute expensive clothing (that I've already paid for).

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Im excited about this challenge too. Love the spread sheet.Whats motivating me is..... my 36 year anniversary is coming up at the end of April, My birthday is in May, my daughter will be coming home in June (she's in going to school in california) , and in July we have a big family get together for the 4th. I am hoping to be smaller at each event, ending with my goal weight of 123 by July 4th.
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    That's a fantastic reason, family is everything!
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Summer is going to be a big motivator for me. My family has a lake cabin that is less than 90 minutes away and I look forward to sharing all the activities I enjoyed as a kid with my 5-year-old daughter: swimming, hiking, kayaking, maybe even some tubing! No more will I be the mom constantly confined to a beach chair.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm excited that everyone is excited. Welcome to our party!! Now, promise yourself to stick it out--void my 75% attrition track record!!.

I promised before/after pics in the last challenge if I made my goal--thankfully I didn't make it. However, I have a better shot this go so I'll swallow modesty and promise before/after pics if I make it to 180. NOT IN A BIKINI.
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Aw, Mule - no bikini shot!!! :laugh:

My motivation is a beach holiday to France booked for August, can't wait and have already bought the bikini:bigsmile: And being a happy and healthy mama to my 2 sons...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hahah Mule!!

My motivation is myself... I love the way I look in clothes and I want to look even better naked. :bigsmile:
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    Oh god, I almost forgot...speaking of naked, I have a modelling shoot coming up in early June where I will be modelling not clothing, but bodypaint. Just bodypaint. At a live show, on a stage with other models. I did it last year when I was about 15lbs heavier and still really enjoyed myself, but this year I want to kill that stage and give my artist a better canvas. So there's yet another reason to ditch the flub.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I almost forgot...speaking of naked, I have a modelling shoot coming up in early June where I will be modelling not clothing, but bodypaint. Just bodypaint. At a live show, on a stage with other models. I did it last year when I was about 15lbs heavier and still really enjoyed myself, but this year I want to kill that stage and give my artist a better canvas. So there's yet another reason to ditch the flub.

As moderators, Shmu and I will need to review these pictures. It's in our contract.:bigsmile:
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    As moderators, Shmu and I will need to review these pictures. It's in our contract.:bigsmile:

Bahaha! It's for a horror art convention, so I'll probably be covered in oozing wounds and prosthetic protruded bones :) I'd honestly post them if MFP allowed it, those artists are so talented. I was done as a retro green-skinned zombie last year, I'm so excited to be going back.