Weekend warriors 4-6 April

Options
cathy0536
cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
So weekends can be a challenge in themselves, even when you are all motivated about starting the fantabulous independence day challenge. This thread is to share your weekend plans, challenges and goals...

Today - normal working day, no plans this evening. Got exercise in this morning and have new 'Frozen' DVD to watch with the boys for movie night tonight - making them some popcorm which I am not a massive fan of so easy to not be tempted. *May* have a glass of wine if sufficient calories left

Tomorrow - Charlie's 9th birthday party, taking group of 9 yo to local laser quest place. Take away with family in evening so will go for chinese and choose healthier options. TF first thing in the morning

Sunday - taking boys to grandparents for first week of Easter holidays and meeting them halfway for a pub lunch. Hoping to get a salad but if only roasts available will have chicken and leave the roast potatoes. Starting c25K on Sunday morning which I am actually looking forwards to :tongue:

*US people, I am English so if you need a translation for any of these activities please let me know :wink:* (has happened before:laugh: )

Replies

• BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun filled weekend, Cathy! :flowerforyou:

Friday - Quiet evening at home..Gonna exercise inside AGAIN since it's been nonstop rain here for 2 days now. I have to take my Momma grocery shopping so that should burn 10,000 calories! :laugh:

Saturday- We are going grocery shopping (for us) and that's always a blast! HA! Watching the Final Four Saturday night and that's what killed my last weekend...all the snacks. I will get a veggie tray and not go overboard on all the snacks.

Sunday should be a pretty quiet day around here. The rain is supposed to move out so I will get to go to the local track where we walk. :drinker:

Have a blessed weekend, Warrior's!!!!:love:
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Off to a rough start with a leak in the ceiling, but I'm not going to allow it to set me back. Hopefully it will be taken care of while I'm at work so I can still get my elliptical time in. (I don't exactly want to jump on now when I don't have shower access.)

Friday - Deal with leak. Sneak in elliptical or substitute a walk. Movie night with the kiddo, which includes mini homemade pizzas. (Yay for avoiding the trap where I get my own regular sized pizza from delivery or fast food and it doesn't last the evening.)(Vegetarian living among near-carnivores.)

Saturday - Long "run". (Alternate songs with walking and jogging for about 30 minutes, then walk for about another 30 more.) Birthday party at the pool for my daughter's best friend. Limit to spent on the computer. (This is usually my big gaming day and I'm going to try breaking it up into chunks instead of going straight through for 5-8 hours.)

Sunday - Hoops at the park. Relax.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Diving right in to the first weekend of the new, rejuvenated challenge--glad we have our key players involved to lead the way. My weekend is dull as usual. My yard is disaster so I'll put effort into watching my three teenage sons do that work.:devil:

Tonight is a run night so this could be my last outdoor run of the season. Houston Texas gets pretty warm (you might have heard this), April is our gorgeous month but if it gets above 75 I tend to prefer running indoors. My heat tolerance has really gone down with respect to running, I'll see how it feels tonight. Saturday is weights and elliptical. I'm trying a new approach on the weights. I found a good YouTube video guy who shows a good way to get the most out of machines at the gym (he's a Brit and I do understand him Cathy). The method is to do 8 reps at as much weight as you can muster and then follow it immediately (no rest) with 15 reps at half the weight. I tried it yesterday and it kicked my butt. He recommends 5 sets, I managed 3. Definitely taking it up a notch here--feels satisfying (and I think I strained a lat---ugh).

Sunday is church, run, maybe go see Noah or something. Popcorn is my temptation at the movies--lucky for me the calorie count is only exceeded by the price$$.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    This weekend-

Saturday, we have to go downtown to take pictures of the intersection my husband supposedly "ran a red light" that he told me does not exist (there was a stop sign). He is fighting the moving violation. I am hoping that a brunch and some walking downtown will be involved in our outing. In the afternoon, a bunch of my students want online conferences. And then I am part of the evening service and there will be dinner with my family.

Sunday, somehow my husband signed us up to do ushering, so we will be attending multiple services this weekend. Then we are responsible for the dinner for our once a month foyer group (basically a social group from the church to encourage community building). At least we are responsible for the food, so my logging will be much more accurate than any other month. Fortunately, my apartment is too small for 8 people so we are not meeting here :drinker: (This means that cleaning can be less stressful activity.)
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Off to a rough start with a leak in the ceiling, but I'm not going to allow it to set me back. Hopefully it will be taken care of while I'm at work so I can still get my elliptical time in. (I don't exactly want to jump on now when I don't have shower access.)

Sorry to hear about your leak! I'm sure your family thanks you for being mindful of not exercising without a guarenteed shower :laugh: I hope you can get it all worked out!

Thanks Cathy for starting this up again! the past two weekends have been disasterous for me, mainly because of too much drinking.. I blame the beginning of nice weather (i've got to put the blame somewhere, right?!?) New challenge, New goals, New start!

This will be my first weekend using the TDEE (-10%) method for tracking calories. So it'll be my first time always eating the same calories and not eating back exercise which will be interesting for me. Tonight is my best friend's birthday party! I will eat before I get there to limit any snacking, and I will limit myself to 2 drinks tonight because I don't have room for all that alcohol.

Tomorrow I have to scrap my old car so that it's not sitting in my mom's driveway any longer. I also need to re-organize my workout space aka my mom's basement (it's getting a bit cramped) and I plan to do some practice lifting for when I start NROL4W stage 3 next week. I like to go in to the workouts feeling comfortable with the motions. The rest of the day will be up in the air, I'm sure I will go out to lunch with the boyfriend and hopefully go for a walk when he gets out of work.

Sunday (so far) is just going to be my chore day. I need to desparately clean my house, do laundry and the like, and go grocery shopping. I'm sure I'll be busy all day. I just need to be careful with what I eat.

My overall goals will be my usual but I will stick to them this weekend!! Only two alcoholic beverages each day, log everything I eat/drink, stay within my calorie limits (+/-100 each day), drink at least 8 glasses of water each day (BEFORE I consume ANY alcohol!), fit in at least 30 minutes of exercise each day (even if it's just walking), and make smart, healthy food choices at each meal.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to start this new challenge! I've been trying to pick up some better habits the past couple of days. This weekend shouldn't be too out of the ordinary, but for the upcoming months, weekends are unpredictable at best. My husband is in a singing group and we travel by motor coach most weekends. I don't really have any input on when or where we stop to eat. need to plan better and bring safe snacks and try to make better choices when we do stop to eat, which is always late at night after they sing.
    Exercise would have to be on Sat. mornings before we take off. Most weekends we leave early Sat afternoon and don't get back home until late Sun evening. I also do not have a smart phone so I can't get on MFP while I'm away.:frown:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    The weather is putting a cramp in me going to the track all weekend. Winter is not leaving without a fight. I do have a elliptical, stationary bike, yoga ball, rebounder, weights and a few exercise videos, so I have no excuse to get a good work out in. My problem is not really the weekend, its cold weather. I tend to want to be a couch potato and eat warm comfy foods during the winter, which is probable how I gained the weight. I guess I need to change this bad habit or pack up and move to California? BUT,,,I am 100% on board with this challenge....so Im going to man up ( maybe that should be woman up) and get on the elliptical. Im even going do do one better....Ive been wanting to firm up these arms...so Im going to pull out the weights, dust them off and do some strength training too. I got this......!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Weekends are a challenge for me, too. Now, after a few weeks of break, from MFP(and sunnier days), I'm ready...armed with a new outlook and a new plan, after study and research of TDEE! Live & learn, huh?!:drinker:

Friday: Town errands, grocery shopping, elliptical, lunch with Hooty
    Saturday: House chores (and how!!) Weeks food prep and menu, laundry
    Sunday: RR&R (regroup, relax & read)

I think Friday weigh-ins may help me control the " food crave :devil: " that takes over on the weekends... any loss will be fresh & forefront in my mind (as will any gain!). I have an "out of sight, out of mind" tendency.

Best to y'all...let's go!!
  • mommahix
    mommahix Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Friday- Huge snowstorm...coworkers encouraging me to order Chinese take out (didn't take tooo much convincing)....hubby wants to go out for drinks tonight....naughty naughty naughty...I'm sure I won't have the calories for it

Saturday- friends surprise party at local restaurant....more drinking I'm sure....hopefully a workout during naptime on my elliptical seeing as my STEPPER BROKE THIS WEEK ( sad day for sure as it was the most convenient way for me to get quick workouts in the evening and still keep an eye and ear out for the monsters who have decided bed time is for the birds)

Sunday- No plans yet....hopefully get downstairs to the elliptical or treadmill during naptime or after the boys have gone to sleep......and no cheating on the diet or drinking......
  • Lifeisfantastic
    Lifeisfantastic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like this thread--a great way to stay honest for the weekend!

Should be a fairly mellow weekend as my partner is working. Need to do some work at home myself and have a couple of small house projects to finish up.

Friday evening: meeting another couple for drinks and tapas at a new trendy bar in town. I'll probably stick to wine and no more than two glasses. Will try to find something simple on the menu so that it will be easier to calculate the calories.

Saturday: Need to work in the morning and get outside to start some yard work if it's not cold and rainy. I have a doubles tennis match at 2:00 and then plan to go to the gym to do 45 minutes on the elliptical and some core work. I've had to stop running because of low back pain which makes me so sad. I love running outside in the springtime! I found an app for the elliptical though so I'm able to get a good workout at least. Not sure what we'll do in the evening--probably have a fire and eat in.

Sunday: More work in the morning. I have two projects that I'd love to get finished this weekend. I have a tennis practice at 4:30 and then a clinic at 7:30, so plenty of exercise with that.
  • LJFitzSimmons
    Options
    I think it's a great idea to share weekend plans (although, I find motivation for exercise a lot easier on the weekend as I don't have work! Haha)

I've been to a 'bar blast' class at the gym this evening... it's my third week and I'm almost capable of doing a press up now! It's the small victories that make the difference :) probably going to watch a film then read some of my book before an early night... this week's shattered me!

Saturday - I have a cycle class in the morning, then a bit of shopping (need better trainers!) then the rest of the day's pretty quiet until the evening when there's live music at a local pub... so I'll be being sensible(ish) about my alcohol consumption, and making sure I get plenty of dancing in!

Sunday - If I have time in the morning I'll go swimming for a bit, but most of the day is going to be spend at the 'Cake & Bake Show' with my mum... so get to go watch delicious cake's being made, and practice my self control!

Hope you all have lovely, motivated weekends :D
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks! This thread is a good idea! Today has been so stressful... I gave up on trying to cope right in the middle of everything and went for a walk. I guess that actually was pretty good coping thinking about it. Got 2.25 miles in in 45 minutes, and listened to the hawks playing (fishing?) over the river too.

Saturday I'll plan the menu for next week, then shop for that and take my 94 y.o. mother-in-law grocery shopping too. Have to do some other MIL coping tomorrow too, that will keep me busy. Have some school work to do as well. Planning on getting 3 miles in on both Saturday and Sunday. I don't think it's supposed to rain, but if it does, I'll head to the mall and walk there I guess.

We don't have TV, so I'm not tempted by snackie things like so many. Good luck to you all watching movies and sports!!! Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 2.5 miles from zombies.
    Tomorrow is bench press day and another 2.5 mile run.
    Sunday I am going to a reptile expo and buying another gecko.

No more excuses and no more BS for me on the weekend. *whip cracking*
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to get started too and quit making excuses. Mule, I live in the Houston area too and I know what you mean about the heat. Today turned out beautiful though so maybe we'll have more of that this weekend.

Friday- kept to my calorie count so far, with husband making lentils for dinner so I should be okay. Went to the gym so got a workout in.

Sat. Have to work, plan to walk around a lot (managers can always walk around and look for customers that need help or staff that needs a kick in the butt) Going out after work, to see a play or eat seafood or both.

Sunday- church, then workout, then a picnic or movie or both.

Everyone have a great weekend!
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Friday- kept to my calorie count so far, with husband making lentils for dinner so I should be okay. Went to the gym so got a workout in.

I love lentils! How did (or will) he prepare them?
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cathy for starting our weekend thread up again!

Friday - busy day. flew into to Sydney to do some engineering consulting work over the next few weeks. I love being on the road or on vacation as I always lose weight. exercise was aerobic dvd before I left and then walked all around Sydney last night.

Saturday - Already went over to Chinatown to do some shopping. Back at the hotel and studying. Like a nut, I have signed up for a Master's degree I am doing online. Probably will hit the weight room in the hotel later today.

Sunday - sending hubby back home at the airport and getting ready for Monday.

Oh I got a new firbit one before I left and I am loving this gadgety thing!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea! :)

Today: I made sure my cell phone is set right. Go out with the family. Go to work on time. Still debating on doing Ripped in 30..I'm really ashamed of myself for not doing this..it's 11:00pm right now and need to be in bed soon

Tomorrow: Do Ripped in 30. Going to work. Get to sleep in tomorrow. Grandma is over, so we might be doing something.

Sunday: Working morning to evening. Having dinner with the family for my parents anniversary. Do Ripped in 30
  • LetiPla
    LetiPla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All, just getting over a virus so weak and a little dizzy. This is what I hope I can manage this weekend:

Friday night, rested
    Sat- walk for 30 min if possible
    Sun- gym to do 30 min cardio and weight training

I prefer Zumba and salsa dancing, but will have to wait till better!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the week-end post!!
    I will need to walk inside today as the wind is blowing very hard! I hate wind!! I am just beginning so I will see how much I can do as a base, then start building from there.
    Going to be very mindful what I eat
    Trying to not eat after 8:00. This is a really tough one for me as I am a night grazer. But I am going to bed with a book so I will not eat!!

I hope each of you have a terrific Saturday!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am down in weight this weekend... super excited!! :bigsmile: