Pregnancy after the sleeve?

Options
kfalcon23
kfalcon23 Posts: 23 Member
I had my sleeve done 8/30/13. I have been losing nicely, and been very happy with my sleeve. I remember the Dr saying something about weight loss can make you more fertile etc... and to be careful not to get pregnant for a certain amount of time after surgery.

Okay. I didn't listen to any of that because after the birth of my 4th child in April 2012, I had my tubes tied. Mother nature has other plans for me it seems. I got a positive pregnancy test 2 days ago. I go in to my regular Dr to make sure all is well this week, but my head is spinning.

Has anyone had a healthy pregnancy after a sleeve? I have a call into my VSG Dr, but I am having a hard time getting them to call me back about anything.
I am really freaking out. I am going to be a grandma again in 7 short weeks when my oldest daughter gives birth. I wasn't thinking it would be me again!!!!

Replies

• candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My best friend was sleeved one year and 3 months ago and is due in June with her first. She is 39 years old and been married 12 years. She never thought that she would have kids.

She has had a few bumps in the road but she works closely with her surgeon and her OB/GYN. She has developed diabetes with pregnancy but has been able to manage it.

Just remember that babies are always blessings even when they are not expected. You can do this!!!
  • kfalcon23
    Options
    Thank you! I am 39 as well. I am excited, but just wasn't expecting it!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have three sleeved friends pregnant right now (2 on here, one at church). They are all doing fine physically. One is struggling with gaining during the pregnancy, more of an emotional issue since she's lost so much and now feels like she's going backwards. Good luck with your pregnancy and new baby! How exciting for you!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No advice, just congratulations and wow! You never know what life has in store!
  • DixieD79
    DixieD79 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow! No advice to give but congratulations! :flowerforyou:

My hubby had a vasectomy several years ago and VSG in October '13. I'd love if his vasectomy reversed! :tongue:
  • kfalcon23
    Options
    Thank you all. I am now dealing with a loss. I guess it was just not meant to be.

I am on an emotional roller coaster, being sad about my loss, but being overjoyed for the birth of one of my grandchildren last Friday, and my next grandson in a few short weeks. This has been hard.

I have been very bad with my eating. I need to get back on track. Any advice, or tips on how to get back? I need some help please!
  • cashsnana
    Options
    So sorry for your loss and congrats on your new grand baby . I know your emotions are consuming you. And stress makes it very hard to lose weight . ((((((HUGS))))))... I'd be happy to help you . It is very hard to stay on task.