Well.... It happened

Options
miashbee
miashbee Posts: 9 Member
I took a day off the Shred. I wasn't planning on it, but when my cycle hit yesterday... I was in misery. I could barely move, felt yucky, sore, and yeah... I took a personal health day. Good news is it only starts once a month, so I should be good for the rest of the challenge.

Replies

• agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    dont feel bad. at least you have a good reason. i went out with the hubby last night, ate tacos, had three drinks, then came home and devoured a whole pint of ben & jerrys. i need to workout today badly, but as my head currently feels like its caught in a vice, i doubt thats gonna happen. #fridaynightfail
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us! We had a school event last night with the kids and well, frankly those events can be exhausting! ;) So I missed yesterday too, but got right up this morning to get today done and I'm going to attempt to get another one in tonight to make up for yesterday. Forgive yourself and keep trucking, we're all doing great! :)
  • ochibi91
    ochibi91 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's my cycle too and I almost skipped working out today because I was just so lethargic. I managed to pull through 1 workout but I intended to do 2. Oh well, it happens. Chin up, you're doing great!
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I needed a day off after 5 days. I started on March 26 and a few days later found this group. I just finished day 10 today. Don't feel bad missing a day, listen to your body. I really needed my rest day and I don't regret taking it.
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    Options
    I took two days off and I don't feel bad either. My body hurt, especially my knees (darn those static lunges). I have a race tomorrow and I want to be able to run pain-free.

I didn't quit though and that is a success for me. Today I did Day 3. :) Although I planned on doing 30 straight days, I now know that I will need some rest days.
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    Haha I hear ya, I'm about due...tomorrow I think for the beached whale feeling, hobbling around to reheat my heating pad. I think at best I'll try to do a yoga routine from this site I've been meaning to try out for real.
    http://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga_classes
  • babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hadn't planned on it either but I ended up taking last night off. Back on the horse tonight! Day 6....here I come!!
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    Forget my yoga plan. It happened for me as predicted and I am going to be awake the minimal number of hours today...goodnight? =P
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I took Monday off from shred. I did level 2 day 1 on Sunday and my shoulders were sore all day yesterday. So, I did JM kickboxing instead and some walking. Ready to get back to 30day shred today with level 2 day 2. (I started this on march 26).