3 Week stall finally broken!!

Options
kristafb
kristafb Posts: 770 Member
I have been going up & down the same 2 pounds for 3 weeks now and was getting a little frustrated but today I am 1.4 pounds below my lowest weight lately!! Sooo happy!!

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    did you do anything different to get out of the stall?
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yay, Krista!! way to go. Finally, a visit from the Whoosh Fairy! :)
  • kristafb
    Options
    I adjusted my macros a bit, dropping it from 5/25/70 down to 5/20/75 & made sure to get my water in for the last few days. I went back to look at yesterdays menu and really the only thing different was I ate pork rinds for the first time. lol.

I honestly think I am just past that period that I've read about P.I.S.S where you're body is adjusting from burning carbs to burning fat for fuel and you stall for a bit. at least I hope I'm past it now.

I was starting to think I would never get below the number that kept popping up on the scale but to be over a pound below it today was so crazy. I kept getting off & back on the scale in case i made a mistake. llol
  • thatdupeally
    thatdupeally Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Congrats, you totally deserve it!

Now this is gonna sound silly, but now is a perfect time to put a little sign on the wall in front of your scale which says 'Remember the whoosh!' This way the next time you're in a stall you will look up and see that sign and get the confidence that you'll get the same feeling as you have today as soon as your body adjusts downwards again.

Victory feels good, though, doesn't it? :-)
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love that woosh!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Congrats! More than half of human body weight is water and can impact the weight more than fat or muscle mass. You might be losing fat and gaining water, till the water weight comes off.
  • kristafb
    Options
    Well my body is playing some serious mind games with me!! I am back up again!! I don't get it!! My eating is spot on, I even did some walking yesterday and I still gained today and yesterday. According to my ketone meter I am in ketosis (low end at 0.8 but still in) so I don't understand.

I read on the Facebook reddit keto group that I should drop my protein even more. I've had it at 20% for the last few days. If I drop it to 15 and carbs are 5 what will I get to eat?? Other than avocados and mayo???
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    3 Weeks is no a stall :)

I've stalled twice and both were about 3 months each. Don't fret about it is all you can do.

I've found this article of help to get my mind around that horrible feeling while in a stall
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Do you have that lumpy fat? I know I do and that just spurs me on! :)
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, this is now my third week too, and it was going sooo well, but moving on to next week and we shall see what happens, going to make sure i do everything right!:drinker: