completed level 1! 30DS has changed my attitude

Options
Hi guys! I started a little earlier before the group, so I just completed day 10.

I went for a run outside and noticed that my endurance level has improved tenfold. I went on the same run a month ago and my boyfriend practically had to drag me along.

30DS has changed my entire attitude towards fitness and taught me how to PUSH myself. If I hadn't started it, I'd probably still be d*cking around on the elliptical for 30 minutes twice a week. Now I WANT to sweat, I want to lift weights, I want to workout 6x a week.

I also started the 30 day plank/squat challenge a few days ago, and my abs + quads are finally feeling sore.

I hope we all keep pushing ourselves after the 30 days are up. :)

Replies

• Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi guys! I started a little earlier before the group, so I just completed day 10.

I went for a run outside and noticed that my endurance level has improved tenfold. I went on the same run a month ago and my boyfriend practically had to drag me along.

30DS has changed my entire attitude towards fitness and taught me how to PUSH myself. If I hadn't started it, I'd probably still be d*cking around on the elliptical for 30 minutes twice a week. Now I WANT to sweat, I want to lift weights, I want to workout 6x a week.

I also started the 30 day plank/squat challenge a few days ago, and my abs + quads are finally feeling sore.

I hope we all keep pushing ourselves after the 30 days are up. :)

Wow! Great job and what a great attitude. This is inspiring to me and motivating because I feel like after only 5 days I am also starting to feel stronger and the urge to continue on to getting healthier even after we're done with this. Good for you!!
  • agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i think we should do jm six week six pack next...
  • a_supergirl
    Options
    Today was day 4 for me, I started on April 2nd. I find it challenging living in an apartment building on the top floor, I don't want to bother the neighbors. The only exercise I don't do are the jumping jacks, instead I just do the bum kicks, find I don't land on the floor as hard. I hope I don't ruin the results I could have if I did the jumping jacks.

NSV, today I tried doing a push-up without using my knees on the floor. I can now make it down half way, I shake bringing myself back up. Not a 100% push-up but I am also 248 lbs, proud of myself!

I am loving 30 DS so far. I am sure that my form is not 100% but I find it challenging and usually I am drenched in sweat afterwards.

I think my next goal will be her Body Revolution for May.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I have that 6 weeks to a 6 pack dvd too, I was thinking the same thing! And I'm only on day 6 of this challenge, I am starting to notice a tightening in my mid-section, yay!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4 for me, I started on April 2nd. I find it challenging living in an apartment building on the top floor, I don't want to bother the neighbors. The only exercise I don't do are the jumping jacks, instead I just do the bum kicks, find I don't land on the floor as hard. I hope I don't ruin the results I could have if I did the jumping jacks.

NSV, today I tried doing a push-up without using my knees on the floor. I can now make it down half way, I shake bringing myself back up. Not a 100% push-up but I am also 248 lbs, proud of myself!

I am loving 30 DS so far. I am sure that my form is not 100% but I find it challenging and usually I am drenched in sweat afterwards.

I think my next goal will be her Body Revolution for May.

I am on the top floor too. I guess since I have a daughter who makes much more noise than I do, the neighbors figure it is her playing around. I do try to keep the noise within reasonable hours during the day...not super early in the morning and not past 9:30 at night.
  • Melissas9799
    Melissas9799 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I have that 6 weeks to a 6 pack dvd too, I was thinking the same thing! And I'm only on day 6 of this challenge, I am starting to notice a tightening in my mid-section, yay!

I have that one too. I agree we should do that one next!
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about what to do next, as I really enjoy working out in the morning, and the support from this group. I have JM 6 weeks to a 6 pack, but after thinking about it, I need to lean out more first.

I was thinking about getting her DVD No More Trouble Zones, or something like that. I think it's longer, but maybe we'd only do it 4X a week? That DVD gets really good reviews.

There is also Ripped in 30, which would be an option too. Either way, once this 30 day shred is over, I'm going to incorporate some rest days. This is super tough!

Or we could just start a group where we get at least 200 minutes of exercise in a week, then we post each day what we did and how we are feeling.
  • milksibling
    Options

I live on the top floor too! I try to do all my jumping on the mat...

I actually had to substitute one of the moves on Level 2 (skaters?) because I don't have enough room to jump from side to side!
  • milksibling
    Options
    I was thinking about getting her DVD No More Trouble Zones, or something like that. I think it's longer, but maybe we'd only do it 4X a week? That DVD gets really good reviews.

I'm thinking about starting that next too! I tried to add in "Shred with Weights" with a kettleball but I don't think I'm getting the form right...