Anyone else in pain with this?

Options
I'm sort of ashamed to admit this, but I've only done two days since starting on the first.

The first day started out great, but the second day my legs were in so much pain, I could barely move. So much so that just taking my dog for a walk and stepping on and off curbs was excruciating and brought me to tears. I was finally able to do another round yesterday, but today I'm right back to not being able to do the curb thing. :(
I know I'm severely out of shape, but I didn't know it was THIS bad.

Anyone else? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Replies

• hoppa321
    hoppa321 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you ice your legs at least once or twice (10 minutes per time) after exercising it will really help. I think my soreness stopped after day 3 or 4. I buy a large bag of frozen peas to have on hand which are awesome to use as ice packs. Good luck and don't get discouraged!
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My main criticism of 30day shred is there is not enough stretching. I need to stretch throughout the day at short intervals to keep moving. I am 52 years old and if I just stop after the DVD I would not be able to move for days. I suggest find a good stretching routine. Just five minutes here and there throughout the day works for me, pausing while I am going about my day.
  • Apollo090
    Apollo090 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My main criticism of 30day shred is there is not enough stretching. I need to stretch throughout the day at short intervals to keep moving. I am 52 years old and if I just stop after the DVD I would not be able to move for days. I suggest find a good stretching routine. Just five minutes here and there throughout the day works for me, pausing while I am going about my day.

Agree!!! I feel like if I sit for longer than 10minutes at any time after doing 30ds, I'm in pain. Even 8hrs later... stretching, walking more, even hopping on the elliptical for as little as 5min helps tremendously!
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    Options
    I had muscle soreness after the first two days but that has subsided. I took a couple of days off because it was killing my knees. I just did my Day 4...right after running in a 5k race! I feel pretty good, including my knees.

I don't stop the DVD to stretch but I do add more stretching of my own at the end. I agree that the DVD doesn't have enough.
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    More stretching and maybe a massage! :-) (with a foam roller if you have access to one)
    And a day off is okay at first, imo. Your muscles will recover and heal and be all the stronger for it.