Welcome Spring

Options
gitnfit2
gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
I do love how the weather is starting to warm up and the days getting longer but I have to say it is going to make it harder to get my rump in the gym for lifting and cross training. It does does however fit in nicely with my running, much more prefer to run outside then on the treadmill. I also find than as the weather warms up I start to eat light meals during the week, though grilling a nice burger from time to time will have to be earned. :)

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida, It has been great running weather but about to get too HOT soon. Hopefully the water will warm up and then I can get my swim on. I also love to Paddle board!
  • gitnfit2
    Options
    Spent 2 years in Miami area so I understand. Was 81 here yesterday so was a tough run in the heat.
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I actually have a tendency to put some weight on in the summer. I tend to actually be less active because it is too freakin' hot to be outside. Hopefully I can work through that this year.
  • gitnfit2
    Options
    duichaser, we have to stay fit through the summer to look good on our bikes :happy:
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Soooooo glad spring is here, the cold months hurt my progress, but with longer days and pretty weather, Im convinced, this will be a good season for my goals!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida, It has been great running weather but about to get too HOT soon. Hopefully the water will warm up and then I can get my swim on. I also love to Paddle board!

I'm also in Florida and I hate the onset of humidity! Starting my weekend runs is almost too late in the day, weather- and sun-wise. Hopefully we'll acclimate. But I agree, open water swimming might make a decent replacement for running.
  • gitnfit2
    Options

I'm also in Florida and I hate the onset of humidity! Starting my weekend runs is almost too late in the day, weather- and sun-wise. Hopefully we'll acclimate. But I agree, open water swimming might make a decent replacement for running.

I do miss FL from time to time but you are right the humidity there can be brutal at times and I will not even talk about how hard it can rain there...Still a beautify place though