INTRODUCTIONS

Options
JediSwan
JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
Welcome to the group!
Please do a quick introduction of who you are so we know a little about you. 
Tell us about your story, what you wish to accomplish and what is your driving force or WHY this change must happen. This is also your opportunity to read about other people in the group.  Please state your first name, where you are from, current weight (CW),your goal weight (GW) and height. (this is not a must, only if you are willing to post) and what workout you are doing. 
Make sure you take a BEFORE picture for yourself!! (take measurements as well).

I am sharing my story in this intro to give you an idea about myself:
I am 32, mother of two girls (9,2) and married. I worked for a legal assistant for 12 years and recently had a major job change into insurance. I have been struggling with my weight since I was 16, along with depression and anxiety. I had my oldest when I was 23 and gained 70 lbs. I tried everything from dieting, starvation, exercising, weight watchers, etc - you name it, I tried it (EXCEPT BB because I didn't know about it). So, I lost 75 lbs and was doing good with just general exercise and healthy eating. Then I got pregnant with our youngest and during that pregnancy I gained ALL the weight back. I lost 40 lbs with P90X and then stalled . . . for the last year!! I have been dealing with anxiety and depression. So, I started P90X over again and then my youngest got sick and was hospitalized twice in one summer and things kind of took a back seat with my health and personal time. I basically put my own personal health as a second and my kids first. Late last year, after some discussions with Shawn Muth, I realized that I need to get myself together and get myself healthy. Depression/anxiety or not, I owe it to myself and my girls to be as healthy as I can be. So, I ordered P90X3 and now 21 Day Fix because I know I am worth getting healthy and I deserve to feel good about myself. So, I am MFP and helping others reach their goals as well and decided to become a BB coach to have more resources to help others.

My current weight: 235 lbs.
My goal weight: 170 lbs.
My height: 5'8"

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Jaine from Fife in Scotland
    Maximum weight: 160 lbs
    CW: 147
    GW 140

I'm a teacher supporting visually impaired kids in their local schools. I have a partner and three dogs

I have never been huge but always been big. I find it difficult to lose wight and am constantly losing and gaining the same few pounds.

I've started loads of DVD programmes but get bored really quickly.

I'm nearly finishing my first week of P90x3 and am enjoying it. I'm determined I'm going to,finish it for the beginning of july when I break up,for the holidays. I'm hoping I will be at my goal weight then too..
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just copied my "About me" section and posted it. Pretty much sums it all up.

Hello, my name is Jamie. I'm a working mom of 2 amazing boys that keep me busy and on my toes. When I first started out in 2010 to lose weight and be healthy I never dreamed I'd make it as far as I have. January 2010 weighed in at 214.8 now I am ranging between 138-145. I have learned a lot of things about health,mind,body and fitness along the way. The most important thing I've learned is that no matter what never,ever give up!! Always push forward,never look back. There is absolutely nothing you can't do so long as you stay focused and positive. This year 2014 I'm no longer trying to put all of my focus on weight loss. I do still want to lose around 20-25 pounds. But I am putting most of my focus on building muscle, strength and endurance. I want to get in shape for me!! I want to be able to love myself for who I am and stop with all the self hate. With all the weight i've lost I have flabby arms and loose stomach and chunky thighs. I can on most days deal with these flaws, but the arms I hate!! I'm a runner, I love to run. I try and do cross training on my none running days.
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    Hi, my name is Shannon and I'm from VA. I'm 26 years old, I'm married to a Pastor and we have one adopted son. We are both pastors at our church and I'm the worship leader. We've been told that we can't conceive but I'm hoping to lose weight and be able to change that with Gods help. I've lost weight before so I know I can do it! It just takes some motivation and discipline. I'm tired of all the yo-yoing and I want to maintain once I lose.

CW- 185
    GW- 145
    Height- 5'7

I've been going to the gym everyday and usually do about an hr of cardio and then 30 minutes of weight training. I take a break on Fridays, as this is my day to fast and seek The Lord.
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Shannon. I just wanted to say that I hope God will bless you with a child of your own flesh and blood if that is in his will to do so. It's a great thing that you and your husband have adopted a child. There are so many unloved, uncared for parent less children. On afitness aspect.....I was told by a personal trainer that on the days you strength train you should first do cardio for 5-10 minutes to warm up the body and heart then do weights and finish with 30-60 cardio. He told me doing all cardio first was almost senseless. Truth? I really don't know.
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    Hey Shannon. I just wanted to say that I hope God will bless you with a child of your own flesh and blood if that is in his will to do so. It's a great thing that you and your husband have adopted a child. There are so many unloved, uncared for parent less children. On afitness aspect.....I was told by a personal trainer that on the days you strength train you should first do cardio for 5-10 minutes to warm up the body and heart then do weights and finish with 30-60 cardio. He told me doing all cardio first was almost senseless. Truth? I really don't know.
    thanks! Yeah, that makes sense. I usually do 20 min on the treadmill, then some weight lifting and then end with about 40 min of cardio
  • davemeve
    davemeve Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Dave from Chicago, IL USA. Well actually the suburb of Naperville, but you've probably never heard of that!
    I'm 47 years old, married to Barb since 1990, with three kids: Molly (18), Shannon (16), and Evan (7). Molly is a freshman at U Illinois. Shannon is a HS sophomore. Evan is a 2nd grader. Evan has a severe genetic condition called CDKL5, which you can read about at CDKL5.com if you are interested. Basically he has seizures every day, very low muscle tone and is nonverbal. Yet he is an angel - a true miracle and a blessing to our family. Evan is 100% dependent on others for EVERYTHING. I've had severe health challenges of my own (heart disease, diabetes, depression and alcoholism to name a few). I've been sober for two years and am grateful for every day of my life, past, present and future. I am working to get healthy and fit so I am around for a long time to take care of my sweet little boy Evan, and of course the rest of my family. I want to beat the odds! That is what motivates me. I look forward to getting to know all of you. I really need some accountability to stay on track, and I'm hoping that's what this group can provide. Yours in health, -Dave

Oh! The vitals! I'm 6'0" tall, and my all-time maximum weight was about 238 lbs, which I topped out at just a couple weeks ago. I weighed in this morning at about 233 lbs. I consider that weight ridiculously high for me! I would like to lose 50 lbs and see what 183 lbs feels like again. Once I get there I should probably lose another 20, but let's start with 50, okay??
  • JediSwan
    Options
    So glad to see all of you being open and such great introductions. :) You are all going to be great in this group. And you will meet your goals. Just stick with your plans and you will meet them before you know it.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Welcome back everyone! And welcome to the newbies. Please do an introduction, which can have as much or as little information as you like, but please tell us your why!
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Amber, I'm 25, almost 26. I just recently moved to Denver, CO. I am 5'4 and about 126 lbs. I really just want to lose some fat and gain some muscle to be healthy and toned. I have a problem sticking with the same program for a long time. I've tried insanity, P90X, P90X3 and PiYo, along with non-beachbody programs-pretty much all of Jillian Michaels programs. I started Body Revolution---yet again----today. We will see how it goes. I just want to commit to something and follow through. feel free to add me as a buddy!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hi, folks.

I'm Alli...44, mom of two 11 year olds, full time teacher, part time student.... I joined in 2010, and lost 45 pounds. Then got pneumonia, started having conflicts at work, and started commuting via car to visit my kids/DH in Oregon (from the Sacramento area). And being a stress eater, and being under stress, I ate. And gained.

So I'm back, and in a better place. Now I live about 45 minutes from my job, so the commute was an added challenge in this last school year. I've got a 5 year old lab mix dog who's been restarting C25K with me this month (we're on week 4).

I'd like to not have to buy new work clothes for when school starts in September, so getting a handle on my weight and redistributing it a bit would be a move in the right direction.
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Vanessa. 26. 5'1" CW: 129 SW: 139 GW: 115
    Trying to get in shape for my beach wedding 4/24/15. Yay!!
    Mother to a 3 yr old boy, work fulltime office job.

Nice to meet everyone!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Thanks for all the introductions! I hope you all enjoy this group and have fun! :) I'm excited to start the ab challenge on Friday!
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Mary. I am 53 and I am from Erie PA. My stats:
    CW = 210
    GW = 180
    Ht = 5'6"

Right now I am walking my dogs in the AM before work and I have recently started lifting weights every other day. I like to hike on the weekends with my dogs.

I am a recent empty nester along with my husband. I have 2 boys ages 23 and 19. Both have moved out this past year. So now I am able to do some things for me and losing weight is and has been on my mind. I used to be an athlete and somewhat thin until I had my kids. Then all that eating caught up to me.

I am looking forward to doing August abs this month and can't wait to do this with all of you!

I have not been below 200 lbs in a long time and I really want to get down to 180. So for me, that is like shooting for the stars! I
  • Fitasticme
    Fitasticme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's nice to meet you all. I'm Maria, 40, from Las Vegas, NV. I'm a mom of 3 boys, all teenagers. In 2000 I ran my first half marathon. It was an amazing experience. I'd like to do that again soon. I've always liked to exercise but I have trouble being consistent because I'm horrible at time management and when things get in the way I get derailed easily. Everything I eat seems to love going straight to my stomach and nowhere else. My ab area has always been a tough one to tone for me so I thought this challenge would be a great idea. I'm not looking to lose pounds just cut inches off my waist. I know I have a tape measure here somewhere but have misplace it. Hopefully, I can either find it or buy a new one soon. For now I just really want to give this challenge my very best and hopefully see some results. I'm 5'0" so I'm on the short side. Looking forward to participating with all of you! Thanx for having me.