Hate cooking

Options
StacyRenee77
StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
Does anyone just eat real simple foods because they don't like cooking, and not get bored? Could you give me examples of your meals and snacks.

Replies

• LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I really do not like cooking, so try to make my meals as easy as possible.

Go to snack - almond butter with 85% dark chocolate ; pork rinds; cheese sticks

Breakfast - bullet proof coffee ; on weekends will scramble some eggs with cream cheese and bacon (you can buy bacon precooked if you want). I like pork sausage for breakfast too.

Lunch/Dinner - frozen hamburger patties and just put them on the george foreman grill top it off with avocados, and frozen veggies that come in steamer bags (asparagus and broccoli are my favs drenched in kerry gold butter). You can get any meat -- grill them or fry them.

I try to cook as little as possible. Some people spend there weekends cooking for the whole week which is great planning on their part I just lack the focus for all that :laugh:
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of processed foods in the microwave cus I dont really cook. Foods I get are hot dogs, bratwurst, buffalo style chicken wings. sausage links. Best thing to do is go to the frozen food section and read the labels of foods you might want to eat. atkins puts out some low carb frozen meals. Snacks I eat are cheese sticks, pickles, and pork rhinds. Also beef jerky packs are good even though they have carbs if you want something easy.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I actually like cooking, but I find that I rarely do much complicated cooking with keto. Broil a steak, done. Throw some chicken on the grill, done. Toss a few chicken thighs or a pork roast in the crock pot, lunch done for a week.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Most of the stuff I make takes less than 10-20 min. My diary is open, you can get an idea of what I eat.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks!!
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with cooking... I hate the work of cooking but I love eating what I cook.

For breakfasts I usually just make a green smoothie the night before (though I forgot my bottle at the office tonight ><). For lunches I usually bring a couple hard boiled eggs, some raw veggies and some sort of snack (bags of almonds I already weighed, etc.).

Dinner and desert are where I tend to cook, and often it's chicken thighs fried with bacon or sausage links or something. Or easy things like low carb tortilla fried in butter with almond butter on top, fold it over and it's a sandwich (I need to find sugar free syrup here to put on it). Taco salad is pretty easy. Deserts are often super simple, especially within the limitations of keto.

But yeah, once a week I boil a bunch of eggs, make a bunch of jello, perhaps make some sort of side dish, possibly cook up the meat part of enough taco salad for 4-5 servings.

I work four ten-hour days per week, so cooking after work or having a real breakfast doesn't work well for me.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm not a person who likes to cook either. I go to Kroger and get their precooked shredded chicken, unbreaded fried chicken and eat a lot of it during the week. I do get individual chicken breast from Market day and will fry them up in Saute Express butter or regular butter and sometimes even an egg wash with Parmesan cheese. I also go to Kroger, as they have a salad bar, and will just make a big salad. I will steam broccoli in the microwave on occasion.

The unbreaded fried chicken is usually eaten with blue cheese dressing on it. The shredded chicken gets tossed with guacamole and sour cream and some salsa.

I've never made Alison bread or any other kind of Keto friendly bread nor have I tried desserts.
  • AMPitup89
    AMPitup89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i hate cooking too but every once in a while I get in the mood.

I usually skip breakfast to intermittent fast but some things i ate for bfast were...
    Old wisconsin beef sticks (from amazon), pepperoni, mozzarella, macademia nuts, tea with coconut oil

Lunch:
    hot dogs, sausages, bunless burgers (microwave kind, home cooked, and fast food) with mayo and cheese, salad with fat filled dressing and sometimes bacon bits, nuke pepperoni and cheese for a easy keto pizza, , cucumbers topped with cream cheese and celtic salt, steamed veggies with lots of butter, deli meat wrapped with cheese (salami, ham, etc)

dinner:
    salads, steaks, taco salad with cheese and avocado, bunless burgers, steak stir fry (very easy!), fried wings in buffalo sauce

snacks: (i dont eat snacks much since I'm not hungry between meals)
    macademia nuts, cheese, pepperoni, mug cake (ruled.me has some great recipes), pork rinds (with taco meat).
    I keep meaning to try pork rinds with ranch dip (ranch packet mixed with sour cream) and with some butter, sugar substitute and cinnamon.

Good luck hun!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You can always make food in bulk. You cook for 30-60 minutes and then don't have to do it again for a full week. And you don't have to worry about your macros because you think once, and then just follow suit for the rest of the week. It's honestly the best way to go about doing this. Google Caveman Keto - he has tons of recipes that are simple to make and keep well for a week.

If you have a toaster oven, it makes things so easy. Set things in there to toast, broil, bake and there's hardly any clean up and you dont have to wait for a huge oven to pre-heat.

As for quick and easy things to make day to day:
    Defrost chopped frozen veggies, top with olive oil, salt, pepper, cheese - broil for 10 mins.
    Wrap a hot dog (check carb counts) with bacon, stick it in the toaster oven or under the broiler - 10 mins.
    Toss veggies and shirataki noodles (can buy them in produce section or Amazon, rinse very well, texture is not similar to pasta), in a pan with butter, add cream and cheese, heat, eat.
    Dip pecans or almonds in cream cheese
    Flat layer of cheddar cheese on wax or parchment paper, microwave, let cool, you have cheese chips
    Pepperoni and cheddar cheese platters
    Celery dipped in brie or cream cheese
    Laughing Cow has triangles of flavored cream cheese - strawberry, cinnamon, etc.
    Babybel cheeses
    Microwave discs of pepperoni to make pepperoni chips
    Chop up a zucchini and top each one with sour cream (or cream cheese) and bacon bits
    Can of tuna, add mayonnaise and celery, use it as a topping for salad or in a low carb wrap (limit these)
    Kielbasa and saurkrat takes 5 mins to make. Slice the sausage, brown on both sides, add saurkraut, heat, eat.
    Low carb tortilla, top with crushed tomatoes or low carb marinara, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, oregano, bake or broil until melty
    Peanut butter on celery or nuts
  • droogievesch
    Options
    My meals take less than 15 minutes of prep (some take more time baking). I usually make a quiche (eggs, heavy cream, cheese, and veggies) which has 8 servings in it. I can freeze half of it and keep the other half in the fridge. I pop a piece into the microwave for 1 minute and breakfast is done.

Lunch is leftovers from what I had for supper the night before plus a salad (salad takes a couple of minutes to throw together unless you prep your veggies all at once). I'll throw on a grilled chicken breast if I need the protein/calories

Dinner is usually whatever I really want it to be. Tonight it's bacon wrapped sirloin with cauliflower mash. I make quite a bit of something and just eat it for the rest of the week.

Snacks are hardboiled eggs
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't mind cooking but apparently buffalo wild wings has some keto options and kfc's grilled chicken has no carbs ( think that it might be brined so perhaps some) but I've been able to eat them and stay in ketosis.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    I usually make a bunch sunday night for the work week. It usually takes me 30-40 minutes to prep and cook:
    This week's meals are:
    Lunch: Chicken thigh with skin with guacamole on top with bok choy.
    Dinner; pork cubes with watercress.

I start by putting the thighs in oven sprinkling little bit of pepper(the guac brings in most of the flavor). Start boiling some eggs. Wash the veggies and cook them separately - maybe 10 minutes to finish both. Then cook the pork cubes in pan. While cooking pork cubes i place the veggies in my containers. Adding store bought sauce to pork and cook till done. Put pork over the veggies and when chicken done put the chicken over the remaining containers. Eggs should be done too!

Next week for lunch i am going with 2 sausage links and guacamole with spinach and dinner maybe pork cubes or egg and sausage.
    The problem with getting a costco card when you are living alone is you find freezer full of too much food! I still have 6 of those 4thigh packs, a huge bag of sausage patties, about 26 large sausage links and some omaha steak i got from promo..... It will probably take me couple of months to clear all that stuff out !