not counting veggie calories

Options
Has anyone not counted fruit and veggies calories (fresh, frozen or in 100% natural juices) in their daily logging? I'm really tired of weighing and measuring such low calorie foods.

Replies

• Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No, have to account for everything. Fruit can be very high in calories. Say for example you had 6 servings of fruit and vegetable in one day, that can actually add up to about 300 - 400 calories -- -that can be a lot of missed calories. My brother was very successful using MFP last year and his only piece of advice was to log EVERYTHING.

Joanne
  • Mar_11
    Mar_11 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you! I was talking with a friend who is doing WW and she has 26 points a day but fruit and veggies when raw, canned in water or natural juice have no points. Was wondering how this would apply to MFP. I totally understand now. Two different systems and with MFP, all calories are to be counted.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    To be honest I could never wrap my brain around the zero points for WW. Great program, teaching us everything we need for success, but I believe if we are the masters of our own diary, listen to our bodies and watch carefully to what is working for you personally MFP is the greatest tool for success. Trust me I have been doing this for a very long time and for the first time in my life I am successful. Oh I have lost weight before including with WW, just never learned while I was losing how to maintain my weight loss. This is the delight with MFP watch your 5 week prediction (it can be fun). I have some days where life gets in the way and I think that I have overeaten by tons. Look at my 5 week predictor and it tells me in 5 weeks I will weigh the same as today -- maintenance, it is as important as weight loss, if not more so.

Keep up the great work!!
    Joanne
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I also log all the veggies that I eat. Sometimes it feels silly--100g of cabbage is like 25 calories--but it does add up.

Things that are high in sugar absolutely need to be counted. That means all fruit and things like sweet potatoes. They pack calories and eat up your carb allowance in no time.