I'm confused with my Body Media Link - HELP

monis01
monis01 Posts: 46 Member
I'm confused with "calories remaining" vs "net". Which is supposed to be the calorie deficit for MFP? HELP!! :/

Replies

• huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    I personal set a calorie goal and try to hit that, right now I shoot for 2300-2500 a day. I don't look at the net calories on MFP. Also I really use the BodyMedia app to see my calorie deficit. After a while of using BodyMedia you we get a good idea of your daily calorie burn.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Yep! I use MFP to record everything, but I base my caloric intake on BM (and the deficit they calculate). For me, it's a more conservative estimate (and I think it's more accurate) and I have a slow metabolism (calorie in/calorie out) so that works best for me. :)
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Calories remaining is your current deficit. That number is your "goal" calories added (or subtracted if allowing negative adjustments from BMF) to your exercise calories minus the calories you have consumed.
    The whole net calories thing confuses the hell out of me - so I don't pay attention to it. Don't see how my choosing a different setting (ie sedentary, lite active, active, or highly active) matters to my body. If I set it to sedentary with my exercise added (or BMF adjustment) my net calories would be lower than if I set it to active (my current setting) w/my exercise (and BMF adjustment) added -- all my body knows is that it burned "X" amount of calories and I consumed "X" amount.
  • send2thea
    send2thea Posts: 34 Member
    Yep! I use MFP to record everything, but I base my caloric intake on BM (and the deficit they calculate). For me, it's a more conservative estimate (and I think it's more accurate) and I have a slow metabolism (calorie in/calorie out) so that works best for me. :)

Ok---great that is what I wanted to know--to follow the nutritional goals set up thru BM or thru MFP. SO if you set it up using BM---do you then try to set the same settings in MFP--correct?

I just got mine on Saturday and I'm confused. I wish the BM site actually gave more descriptions of what you're looking at because I don't even understand what it all means I I haven't seen a tutorial yet explaining it. Hate feeling unsure if I've got things set right, stresses me out!