Frustrated

Options
Its still my first week on atkins and the first 3 days were great! Lost about 3 kgs .. For about 3 days now I havent lost any weight, in fact I've gained about 0.4 kg :( .. I havent been to the gym yet so I dont know if that has been the issue ..
Ive been told that i should increase sodium to reduce headaches .. This really helped .. However i dont know if that is working against me now .. Im currently on 5% carbs, 25% protein, 70% fat
My daily food diary:

Morning:
2 egg omelette , 2 pork sausages, 30 gr cheddar cheese

Mid afternoon:
2 bacon, 1 egg scrambled in bacon fat

Afternoon:
3-4 romaine lettuce, radish, cucumber, 100 gr chicken with skin, 2 spoons mayo, 1 spoon olive oil, 20 gr cheddar cheese

Evening:
2 seasoned chicken thighs, 1 cup broccoli or spinach

Replies

• florenciagysbertha
    florenciagysbertha Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Never mind :) I probably should leave put the protein for breakfast
  • VaporHero
    VaporHero Posts: 33
    Options
    Im new to Atkins. I've been on induction for 5 days. It sounds to me like your doing fine. The biggest advice I can give you is not to weigh yourself as often. I used to weigh myself every day to every other day and if my weight would rise a bit I would get upset. This is normal. It's normal for your body to fluctuate slightly in weight, but you will find that overall you WILL lose the kgs. Just try to stay off the scale and focus on your long term goal. The weight will go I promise. I have 117lbs to lose, so I'm in no hurry (although I'm very impatient) lol. But I know it will take time. Best of luck to you! Im very proud of you :)
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think it looks fine. But in upping your sodium are you drinking plenty of water? I notice if I don't at least get 10glasses in a day my rings fit tighter so I know its from sodium.. Also I'm on induction tomorrow is week 2. I'm excited but nervous thinking maybe I haven't lost anything; but knowing I've worked hard. I finally got annoyed with myself the other day and hubby hide the scales! Yep I will bring them out in the a.m. to weigh. ;) You've got this. keep in mind that all in all one day up and one day down will work itself out in the end. Add me if you need an extra friend. Although I'm starting out on Atkins I'm not new to working out or making better food choices~
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    atkins did not want people to weight on induction until the first 2 weeks were completed ( from his old books any ways)