Simple and Sinister

patsully98
patsully98 Posts: 40 Member
I'm going to give it a shot. I'm brand new to kettlebells. Has anyone tried this program? I'd be curious to hear people's experiences with it, especially how your progression carries over to other facets of your life. I'm doing it to be stronger for martial arts training (Brazilian jiu jitsu, specifically).

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Sorry, I've not tried this program - sounds interesting though. I just wanted to comment that I change my routines up quite often, but I always come back to kettlebells. Out of the three (DB, BB and KB) KB always makes me feel so much stronger all over, and more functionally strong too. You know like for normal, daily things like lugging groceries, squatting down to get stuff off the floor, etc. Enjoy!
  • taravernier
    taravernier Posts: 12 Member
    I have not. I know a couple women who are though and they are well, I am not sure enjoying is the right word but I think you know what I mean. :) I am looking forward to them finishing to hear their comparison to Lauren Brooks Be SLAM workout that we had completed together last year.
  • mattsams1
    mattsams1 Posts: 8 Member
    I am currently utilizing this program after a temporary layoff.

I am able to nail the 100 1 hand swings in 5 minutes using 15 seconds on/15 seconds off w/ 24 kg

I take my time with the getups to maximize time under tension, so I have not pushed to get 5/side in 5 minutes yet.

I am currently using the 32 kg for 100 swings and waiving the training load by adjusting work/rest ratios.

I perform the 100 swings & getups 3 -4 days/week and on my (variety days) I am utilizing Viking Warrior Conditioning w/ 16kg

bell.
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    I have started this recently and I am about two weeks into the program. It feels good. I feel strong and am losing weight. I ordered a KB from Amazon, but they sent the wrong size (too heavy) so I am trying to adjust. I am not over doing it though.