are these weights okay?

Options
I'm on week 2 of Strong Lifts and I'm wondering if my weights are okay/normal for each exercise - as far as which exercises should have more weight than others. For example, I know the deadlift weight should be the heaviest, and the overhead press is normally the lightest, right? Or does it differ for each person?

Here are my current weights:

Deadlift: 105 lbs - I feel like I could do more, but I started out at the recommended 95 pounds and focused on form. I ended up doing 2 sets of 105 yesterday because I didn't feel exhausted at the end of the first working set. Should I go up by 10 pounds as recommended, or try for more next time?

Squats - 95 lbs

Barbell Row - 80 lbs

Bench Press - 70 lbs

Overhead Press - 50 lbs

Does that look about normal?

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    There is no normal.
    It varies for everyone.

There are people here who couldn't squat the empty bar but others who could already do 100+ lbs.
  • KateRVA
    KateRVA Posts: 13
    Options
    Not what I was asking. I was asking about the difference between the weights for each exercise. Not "should I be able to lift such and such amount"
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Not what I was asking. I was asking about the difference between the weights for each exercise. Not "should I be able to lift such and such amount"

Lishie's answer still applies. You're going to have varying ability on what you can do for each exercise. You can only do what you can do. So in that regard, your weights are "normal".

Continue to follow the program as written. When you get to a point where you can't do that, that's when you make adjustments.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Lishie's answer still applies. You're going to have varying ability on what you can do for each exercise. You can only do what you can do. So in that regard, your weights are "normal".

Continue to follow the program as written. When you get to a point where you can't do that, that's when you make adjustments.

^^This.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Agreed it varies..

you will see in our check in thread how different our individuals lifts are from each other and even each exercise.

for example I am DL 180...Squatting 120 today due to recovery.

Even when I am not injured the variance between my lifts can be odd...

Bench 115
    OHP 80
    Row 115

I suspect you will find your DL increases faster than any other lift...and usually OHP progresses the slowest esp for women.