Syncing Problems?!!

Options
Anyone having problem with syncing MFP and BodyMedia? Since yesterday morning BodyMedia hasn't been syncing to MFP as far as calories consumed. It's not pulling my calories consumed from MFP. I keep having to un-link them and then re-link them like 2 or 3 times in order for it to show. Has anyone had this problem in the past?

Replies

• send2thea
    send2thea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It was doing the same to me---I unlinked them and then relinked them and it worked again.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been having problems with this for a couple of weeks. I unlinked and relinked the accounts a few days and it fixed it for a while, but it is back to doing the same thing. The food data gets transferred to BM, but the activity data doesn't seem to transfer to MFP.
  • send2thea
    send2thea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just checked mine and it does show a BodyMedia calorie adjustment on my exercise tab(sorry I just got mine on saturday so all it's all new to me) have the Link.
  • chriswalls1208
    chriswalls1208 Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing over the weekend. I'm not sure where the problem lies, MFP or BMF. This has only happened one or two times to me in the year I've had my Link. It always was straightened out within a day or so before.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell there was a recent update to the MFP App, atleast for Android anyway. As of yesterday I am having the same issue... I have to go into the BMF site and unlink/relink with MFP for the cals to show on MFP. This often happens with updates, either when MFP or BMF has an update. I wish they all could work together so it was more seamless. I have to admit though, it's beeb a couple months since I've had this issue.

I am finding if I haven't uploaded in more than 10-12 hours that sometimes I have trouble uploading via bluetooth to my phone... I have to hook it up and sync via computer.
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been having the problem for a week or two now. Sometime I have to unlink and relink MFP everyday, sometimes it will for for 3-4 days in a row. Very annoying.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just started this morning for me. And the linking/unlinking...
    Sent Bodymedia a message

http://www.bodymedia.com/support/contact.html
  • Morgaath
    Options
    Thank you for contacting BodyMedia Customer Support.

Response from BodyMedia:

There is currently an issue on MFP's side that is causing an interruption in the process. If you log all of your foods in MFP and then unlink and relink the accounts in BodyMedia, the data should transfer over. MFP is currently working on the issue. You may have to unlink and relink the accounts each time you want to transfer the data until the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Yours in Health,

Karin
    Customer Support Representative
    (888) 850-BODY (2639)

Nice to have the problem recognized as existing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that it hasn't linked for the past couple of days... When I unlink and link it doesn't apply the past days for my calorie intake.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I got the same response from BodyMedia. I unlink and relink them but it's not until the 5th time that it works.
  • Morgaath
    Options
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1507706--bodymedia-syncing---04-07-2014
    From this post in "Community Questions"

UPDATES WILL APPEAR HERE.

We have worked with BodyMedia and discovered that there was a delay in their sync.

The issue appears to be resolved, but they are currently working through a backlog, so it may still be some time before sync is back to normal.

Thank you for your patience and we will continue to update as we get the information.

Best,
    Kelly
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with the sync per say between MFP/Bodymedia but I do know I've lost the ability to sync my band with my phone. I've given up on the syncing off my phone with my band. Something about the last couple of updates for the ap have messed it up for me. Oh well. I didn't use my phone ap for Bodymedia that often anyways. Since it the band has to be plugged into a computer to charge, that is when I'll sync the data.