Breakfast!

Options
Hi!
Was wondering if anyone knew of any good keto breakfasts? I am so bored of the little that i know and the e-book that i have only shows breakfasts that i just dont have time to do on a work morning when i have to drop my child at school as well!

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make an Egg, Chorizo (spicy sausage), and cheese omelet.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Put a little bacon grease in a pan. Warm it up. On the side, mash half an avocado flat and cut a circular hole in the middle. I use a small cup for this. Mash the other side the same way. Plastic wrap is good for this. You can use the part you removed from the center for a third one (if you have enough) or just eat it. I tend to just eat it.

Plop the avocado rings into the pan, crack an egg in each hole, cook them like you would a bread egg.

Top with cheese, bacon, hot sauce, whatever you like or don't like. I like my bacon on the side, when I do this.
  • rauljg42
    rauljg42 Posts: 30
    Options
    3 jumbo scrambled eggs mixed with chorizo. and 4 strips of bacon. I have trouble too in morning with time cook it all in microwave at work. Chorizo already comes grounded up so just scramble eggs pour in chorizo. Trick to micorwaving scrambled eggs though need to stir often every five seconds or so after you see first bubbling up of eggs. Stir every 5 seconds until cooked to the consistency you like. Ive got it down to a science. I buy hormel microwavable bacon which already comes prepackaged ready for microwave. Could always switch bacon or chroizo for ham or other type of sausage. Perfect keto breakfast for people on the go, that is if you have micro at work in lunchroom.
  • AMPitup89
    AMPitup89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lately i've been skipping breakfast to intermittent fast but occasionally i have a quick breakfast. I don't like cooking breakfast aside from the occasional weekend so i usually opt for grab and go items.

Some ideas (i usually have 2-3 of these for a breakfast):
    macadmia nuts
    pepperoni
    beef sticks (old wisconsin - found on amazon)
    any cheesese (babybel, laughing cow, string cheese, cheese cubs, etc)
    Bulletproof or keto coffee/tea (coffee - coconut/almond milk, heavy whipping cream, butter, coconut/MCT oil, stevia... see what combo you like. tea - favorite is tazo passion tea with coconut or mct oil.)
    Find some LC/keto bread recipes online and make a batch. Enjoy with butter, microwaved or pre-cooked bacon.

good luck!
  • droogievesch
    Options
    I just made this quiche and it's really good :)

10 oz frozen broccoli
    8 oz shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
    6 eggs
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 tsp. salt
    dash of pepper

Put broccoli in bottom of glass pie pan (spray it first), top with shredded cheese. In separate bowl mix eggs,salt, and cream together and pour over the top. Bake at 350 25-45 min (I had to bake mine longer, closer to an hour) until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

I make a quiche on the weekend, freeze half of it, eat the other half (stays good in the fridge for a couple of days) and then unfreeze the first half and enjoy the second part of the week. Since my husband also will eat certain quiches I may have to make one midweek (if I know it's a quiche he likes I won't freeze it since it gets ate within 3 days).
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of Banquet frozen sausage patties at work for mornings I'm running late. Nuke 4 of them and eat at my desk. Or swing through Mickey D's on the way to work and grab a Sausage & Egg McMuffin, no muffin.

Chocolate Almond Butter fat bombs which I nibble w/ my tea or coffee.

Bake a crustless quiche for dinner tonite and portion leftovers for breakfast the next few days (can freeze and reheat, so make a big batch).

And along that line, ANY leftovers from last night's dinner...who says breakfast has to be "breakfasty foods," right?
  • tru2one
    Options

LOL great minds think alike. ;-)
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some people don't like it cause its not real food, but I just make a protein shake, add a tablespoon of chia seeds and 2 cups of spinach and whirl it up in my blender. Pour it in my travel coffee mug and I'm good to go. 10 carbs (from the spinach) and 30 grams of protein. Super quick too!
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Options

oooh can you please share the recipe?
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some people don't like it cause its not real food, but I just make a protein shake, add a tablespoon of chia seeds and 2 cups of spinach and whirl it up in my blender. Pour it in my travel coffee mug and I'm good to go. 10 carbs (from the spinach) and 30 grams of protein. Super quick too!

You add the chia and spinach to protein powder I guess? What kind do you use? And is it bitter??
  • tru2one
    Options

oooh can you please share the recipe?

Chocolate Almond Butter Fat Bombs

8 TBSP almond butter
    8 TBSP raw organic coconut oil
    4 TBSP butter
    3 TBSP unsweetened baking cocoa
    Sweetener of choice (I use DaVinci or Torani SF syrups...english toffee flavor is perfect)
    1/4 cup chopped pecans (or nut of choice)

Melt almond butter, coconut oil, and butter in microwave, stirring often until creamy. Whisk in cocoa and sugar free sweetener to taste (about 4-5 TBSP of DaVinci syrup works for me). Portion into ice cube trays or silicone candy molds (I get 18 w/ this recipe and the molds I use). Sprinkle w/ chopped nuts and freeze. Once solid, they can be removed from molds and stored in a tupperware or ziploc in the freezer. Good frozen or let thaw at room temp for a bit and they get kind of a truffle-like consistency.

Nutrition facts per bomb (based on 18): Cal 133, Carbs 2, Fat 14, Protein 2, Fiber 1

I'll eat two of these as a mini meal replacement or one as a dessert when I need to bump fat intake for the day.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of chia, soaked for 5 minutes in 8 oz water. Throw in scoop of protein powder ( I use ON 100% whey cause my doc says whey is better than other protein powders for weight loss, shrug) and 2 cups spinach. Blend on high until smooth and pour into opaque cup. You won't like the color, especially if your protein powder is chocolate, but it tastes just fine. Sometimes I throw a raw egg in it, but I raise my own free range chickens so am not worried about Salmonella.
  • ninanew
    ninanew Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 oz blueberries (or diced strawberries)
    1 Tbsp flaxmeal
    1/2 Tbsp toasted pecans or walnuts
    4 Tbsp cultured organic sour cream (I use Nancy's)

Calories 231
    Carbs 11
    Fat 21
    Protein 6
    Fiber 4
    Sodium 40

To me this totally satisfies my craving for greek yogurt and granola in the morning!
  • alexstosic
    alexstosic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    see my breakfast at
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/alexstosic?date=2014-04-03

I blend everything with magic bullet the night before but the oil and whip cream
    make 4/5 pancakes fried in pan with coconut oil, and I top it with whip cream and maybe some walden farm syrup

MY GF usually eat half
    Hi!
    Was wondering if anyone knew of any good keto breakfasts? I am so bored of the little that i know and the e-book that i have only shows breakfasts that i just dont have time to do on a work morning when i have to drop my child at school as well!
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

10 oz frozen broccoli
    8 oz shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
    6 eggs
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 tsp. salt
    dash of pepper

Put broccoli in bottom of glass pie pan (spray it first), top with shredded cheese. In separate bowl mix eggs,salt, and cream together and pour over the top. Bake at 350 25-45 min (I had to bake mine longer, closer to an hour) until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

I make a quiche on the weekend, freeze half of it, eat the other half (stays good in the fridge for a couple of days) and then unfreeze the first half and enjoy the second part of the week. Since my husband also will eat certain quiches I may have to make one midweek (if I know it's a quiche he likes I won't freeze it since it gets ate within 3 days).

This quiche is delicious y'all. I have made it with sausage in the mix as well. Brown it first and toss with the other ingredients. OMgoodness, fantastic!