Planned conventions and cosplay 2014.

Options
2»

Replies

• jessibellawantsthin
    Options
    Conneticon for me this year! :3 no idea who i'm gonna cosplay though. I'd love to make an attack on titan cosplay and already have plans for how to build the 3D maneuver gear, but I'm not sure who I'd be. I'd also really like to get a luka miku cosplay together and drag my sister to the con as the little miku she is XD
  • Rhayahana
    Rhayahana Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Only cons in my country this year (I'm Dutch, thats holland/ the netherlands) such as AnimeCon, Connichi, Abunai and Elfia.
    For some reason I have mostly genderbend costumes planned, Taric and Thresh from League of Legends, Yu Kanda from D-Gray Man, but also have DIana from League of Legends almost finished and want to start on Titania from Fire Emblem at some point.
    Plus my biggest project, an OC character I've been working on for close to 3 years and just can't seem to get it done. I set myself a deadline for september this year, selling all parts if I can't get it done by then.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Only cons in my country this year (I'm Dutch, thats holland/ the netherlands) such as AnimeCon, Connichi, Abunai and Elfia.
    For some reason I have mostly genderbend costumes planned, Taric and Thresh from League of Legends, Yu Kanda from D-Gray Man, but also have DIana from League of Legends almost finished and want to start on Titania from Fire Emblem at some point.
    Plus my biggest project, an OC character I've been working on for close to 3 years and just can't seem to get it done. I set myself a deadline for september this year, selling all parts if I can't get it done by then.

Some of our Dutch friends came over to London last year when we were at MCM Expo as part of a big Resident Evil get together, you may bump into them at your events too :D
  • Hannahhime
    Hannahhime Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll be going to MTAC this year and almost every cosplay I'm doing this year shows some midriff. I REALLY need to bust my butt and shed off some extra weights so I look good with my cosplay partners ;)

I'll be doing female Laharl from Disgaea, Saaya from Suisei no Gargantia (Belly dancer version), and Catherine from Catherine: Love is Over.

Anyone else hittin up MTAC in Nashville, TN?
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    So I just got back sunday night from Anime Detour and it was so much fun! So I'm now registered for AniMinneapolis as well :D So in about 7 weeks I'll be cosplaying again. I wish I had more outfits than just Yuri Nakamura now. My haruhi outfit is way too big now and I don't know if i'll be able to put something together before May 23rd... I am going to try though!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My first con of the year will be Anime Iowa at the end of July. I will be cosplaying Ali Baba Saluja, Ren Hakuei, and Sam Manson. Sam wears a short skirt and midriff top, and Hakuei is just kind of a sexy costume, so I'm hoping to be in much better shape by AI.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My first con of the year will be Anime Iowa at the end of July. I will be cosplaying Ali Baba Saluja, Ren Hakuei, and Sam Manson. Sam wears a short skirt and midriff top, and Hakuei is just kind of a sexy costume, so I'm hoping to be in much better shape by AI.

Honestly I thought about going to Anime Iowa, but they haven't announced their guests, and that's the main reason I go to the conventions :(
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I typically just go for the attendees. A lot of my friends go to AI, and I don't get to see them very often so I figured why not lol. I don't usually attend a lot of panels, so guests don't really sway my decision too much :/
  • Ar3nSquares
    Ar3nSquares Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This year, I'll be at Otakon as Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening and Headhunter Nidalee from LoL...that's if I finish these costumes. i've been working hard on both costumes and body toning between college and work these past few months, so I'm hoping I can make my deadline!
  • JeepersMister
    JeepersMister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll be at Wizard World Philly, Otakon, and hopefully magfest. I only plan on cosplaying at Otakon and if all goes well I'll be going as Corvo from Dishonored.
  • akersley88
    akersley88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going to be working on a Barbara Gordon costume, so need to work on losing about 25-30lbs I have until August to get it perfect for Cincinnati Comic-Con.

29698165.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tutunkommon
    Options
    DragonCon, ConCarolina, Georgia RenFest outside Atlanta, etc.

I have a grim reaper costume I'm working on, as well as a "chainmail" hauberk made entirely from soda can tabs (I didn't drink all of them, I swear). The less of me there is, the fewer tabs I have to use.

So far I'm at 1000, and am about 1/2 way done.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    hitting Dragon Con in Atlanta Aug 2014. I loved it so much last year (our first time) and I think my husband and I will make this an annual thing. So much to do!

Updating some wonder woman costumes this year.

Hahaha! Once you start Dragon*Con you won't stop!
    I'm hoping to get back to the weight I was in my costumed profile pic. Just need to update my Sister Of Battle armor. :)

I'm also doing an Osgood from the Doctor Who 50th, but that is a FUN costume for my current body type.
  • dianathepenguin
    dianathepenguin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We're going to AmazingCon in Las Vegas this year! Chicago's C2E2 is in our backyard, so of course we went (as Rose Tyler and the 9th incarnation of The Doctor). I'm hoping to drop as much weight as comfortably possible and working on a Catwoman (Injustice style) costume for June... Never been to Vegas or Amazing Con.. Has anyone gone to this con before or have any insight about it?
  • jennyvondoom
    jennyvondoom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm only planning on Otakon this year. I came to the strangest realization the other day that I will be at my lowest cosplay weight ever by the time the convention rolls around. That being said I'm pretty much set on Morrigan from Darkstalkers, possibly her kimono from Cross Edge as well, and something Sailor Moon related to be determined later because of the anniversary and also to since Sailor Neptune was my introduction to cosplay as a wee little 13 year old.
  • savioroftheherpingderp
    Options
    At the moment, the cons still left to go for me as of this year are colossal, which is coming up way fast for me, even though I'm not sure what I'm going to wear. Going to have to go back through my old stuff and pick something. I'm also going to be at Youmacon come November, but that should be it for me on the con circuit for the rest of this year.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas, so I've got a lot of cons available to me!

Akon (already done) - went as Videl & Ada Wong
    San Japan (Late July) - Ada Wong again & Lara Croft from the Anniversary Game
    -- But I'm mostly going to be in the Maid Cafe for this one
    Onicon (Halloween weekend) - Cheshire Cat & Lara again possibly
    Ikkicon (First week of January) - Psylocke & ______

I've got a billion cosplays I want to do. Totally unfair

Chun Li (regular & SF4 alternate black dress)
    Lust FMA
    Cheetara
    the list goes on...
  • Hamibal
    Hamibal Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm going to animeNEXT in Somerset, NJ in June with a friend! I'm hoping to cosplay Aoba Seragaki from DRAMAtical Murder and I was going to cosplay Princess Sadie from Princess Princess but she's a larger girl and Aoba is a smaller guy so I'm conflicted haha! I want to lose weight for Aoba so I guess I'm not going as Princess Sadie. I'm hoping to be able to lose 20 pounds by March so I'll be working my a** off!!

I went to AnimeNEXT in Somerset, NJ in June as Valentines' Day!Aoba! I lost 28 pounds for him~ I'm going as Noiz, Aoba, and (hopefully) Hanji to Otakon in Baltimore, MD!