One day at a time

Brandybeayon
Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
Hello, My name is Brandy and I am without a doubt an over eater. I went to my first meeting a week ago today and have been abstaining from all my problem foods for the seven days.. Here in my town we only have one meeting a week and it had just 4 people, I thought by finding an online set of people the could help support me through my week.
It has been a week but six days in a row I have gotten up feeling positive! I did not wake up and rush to the kitchen to find treats, instead I took my time to make myself a small healthy breakfast,
My goal for today is to log of here and spend the next 5 hours before my meeting not thinking about food, not dreaming of what dinner will be ((Healthy or not I am still constantly day dreaming, obsessing about it) Instead I will paint and focus on improving my art.. When 5:00 comes I will go to my meeting and try to absorb all I can, 6:30 I have zumba! a month ago I did not want to take walks, but last week I made it to both sessions of Zumba and feel better about myself because I took that step.. when I get home I will probably Pop on here and read through this OA discussion, maybe beable to say a couple words. Then I will spend the night, with my children, painting, watching a movie with my husband and have a good nights rest..
I have learned tomorrow is another day and I can make it what I want, but I will worry about tomorrow ,tomorrow

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Welcome, Brandy, thanks for introducing yourself. Congratulation on a strong start, keep building on that start one day at a time, just as you said. I'll be sending a friend request your way.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Hi Brandy, and welcome! When you can't make it to a meeting, this link provides OA speakers, which are helpful in staying abstinent http://www.oalaig.org/speakers-podcasts/the-laig-virtual-speakers-bureau.html
  • Brandybeayon
    Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you Both!! I will check out the link thank you so much I wish there were more meetings in my town at least for the first couple months
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Thank you Both!! I will check out the link thank you so much I wish there were more meetings in my town at least for the first couple months

Phone meetings are really good also. It allows you to become more familiar with the program, find a sponsor, and even provide service, such as leading a meeting, sharing, and/or reach-out calls to other program folk.
  • purplybob
    purplybob Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome! Keep coming back!