Options
WordWhimsy
WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
Get it going.

Replies

• WordWhimsy
    Options
    I'm happy to report, I did my workout before work, and I feel fantastic! I don't know what it is, but I guess I'm just a morning exercise person.

I treated myself to iced coffee and a wake up wrap from dunkin donuts, they were both fantastic! The wake up wrap with ham only has about 170 cals, so I always feel like I'm being good. I go through the drive thru so I'm not tempted by the donuts :wink:

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good for you WordWimsy! I know, I'm so a morning person! I get up and do my workout and I feel so much better!!!
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS been a morning workout person, however with my new schedule I would have to get up before 5am to workout before work so I've been doing it about an hour after dinner and I feel GREAT about it. Normally my day after work would be: make dinner, sit on the couch until I go to sleep.. Now it's: make dinner, sit on the couch for an hour, workout for an hour (30/cardio 30/shred) and I sleep so much better and feel less like a couch potato!!! Day 8 tonight for me... :) Getting scared of level 2!!!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Finished up day 8 last night. It's onto Day 9 for me!
    I'm actually looking forward to Level 2. Starting to get bored with the routine in Level 1 and I have to drag myself to turn the DVD player on because I'd rather do a Just Dance Workout mode instead.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    I agree ErinMcMom, I'm getting sick of Level 1 also! Ugh!

I'm not really a video person, but it's so convenient but without this group, I would be bored out of my mind, you all keep me accountable.

Just Dance is a ton of fun! My nieces have it, and I like doing it with a group, but I don't know if I'd like it by myself.
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    Day 8 done. I really had to force it today. Not sure why but woke up lacking motivation big time, didn't want to do it today but I put on my workout clothes and said to myself " you can do this, let's get it done." And just did it. I think some days are going to be that way. I will just have to force it, but I'm glad I did!! On to day 9 tomorrow. Also ready for level two! Only two more days of level 1!
  • chmosby
    chmosby Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done. I feel like I know her lines by heart for level 1 so even though I'm nervous for level 2 on Thursday, it will be a welcome change - for my ears and my muscles! I took a sneak peak at level 2. It should be interesting! :)

Great job, ladies. Keep pushing through!

I really think that without this group, I would have quit by now. I love coming on here to report that I did another day and I love seeing everyone doing it too. I know that I'm not alone on those days that I just don't feel like pushing "play". We work through it together, and that's wonderful!
  • danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 8 completed. I am tired of Jillian's voice. I am nervous for Level 2, but so ready to BRING IT ON. Last night while getting ready for bed my husband said he could tell I was losing weight. That meant more to me than the numbers on the scale.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report, I did my workout before work, and I feel fantastic! I don't know what it is, but I guess I'm just a morning exercise person.

I treated myself to iced coffee and a wake up wrap from dunkin donuts, they were both fantastic! The wake up wrap with ham only has about 170 cals, so I always feel like I'm being good. I go through the drive thru so I'm not tempted by the donuts :wink:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Way to go, lady!
  • pistachiopeas
    Options
    I love getting my workout done in the morning. I just can't work up the motivation later in the day. Unfortunately, this morning I woke up a bit later than usual and had to rush out to an appointment. I think I'll do my workout in the late afternoon.
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. I upped my weights by a pound (I'm the wimpy one who had the 2lb weights), and could feel the difference. Glad I didn't get ahead of myself and grab the 5 pounders, I think that might have killed me!
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I will do this after work. I felt crappy all night and woke up feeling worse so there was no way jumping around and lifting weights sounded good, I would have never made it through. I hope whatever bug I had, or tried to get is clearing up. I feel better but I also have ibuprofen in me. My prime workout time is between 11am-2pm but I haven't been able to do that in almost 3 years! So, it's before work for me. So far so good. I too am so thankful for this group or I probably would have shelved this DVD by now! I'm determined to stick out the 30 days.
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    I snuck in some level 2 a few times since I got bored too. :) I feel like it's okay since they work slightly different muscles. Far fewer pushups in L2, that's for sure. Going away for a few days though to my sister's house and might need to do a lot of improvising...maybe shoulder press my niece. :-)
  • michlou84
    michlou84 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm feeling really disappointed with myself as I haven't managed to do it today. I've been so busy and did start, I got as far as the warm up and push ups before I had to stop due to a grizzly toddler. I've only just finished my work and so I'm skipping today.
    I'm determined to make up for it so I'm going to attempt twice tomorrow in the morning and afternoon.
  • pistachiopeas
    Options
    Just finished Day 8. It's so weird but lately the first circuit is the most brutal for me. I can't wait until it's over!
  • Susan_in_CA
    Susan_in_CA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 10 Level 1! I think I might start Level 2 tonight. Feeling awesome!
  • a_supergirl
    Options
    Day 7 for me! I feel stronger, my push-ups are getting lower, soon will be able to do them fully without the modified version.
    Really enjoying this workout!
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Done!! Got a good hike in tonight. Feeling it in my legs today.
  • mirampersanda
    Options
    I just finished my day 7 technically, but I am so proud of myself! After missing two days from being sick, I doubled up yesterday and today, I finished the shred without doing ANY modifications (well except one round of knee push ups). I'm talking lunges and bicep curls and anterior raises with a side lunge. I can't believe I got through the whole thing without dying and pushing myself harder than I ever have before! I will be doubling up tomorrow so I can be caught up with the rest of the group. Thanks everyone for being such a great motivator for me and I am so proud of everyone, regardless of the progress each individual is at! GO US!
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Right leg is not happy... so I focused a lot on form today and went a little slower :) Was nice and I am proud of myself.