30 Day Squat Challenge Starts 1 April

Options
2»

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Danielle, I think you can just start with today (or yesterday).

I did my 80 in sets of 10 and for half of them I used a 10kg plate for overhead presses. Feels good to get the shoulders doing something as well.

Rest day today.

Tomorrow is 100 squats. I think I'll go to the gym early and do circuits of 20 squats, 10 pushups and 5 minutes on the bike. That should take about half an hour and will do me for the day. Now that I'm sleeping and feeling better I am busting to get back to the gym!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Oooh - found this website:
    http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-squat-challenge/

I think we should do the ABS challenge in May (always thinking ahead). It involves sit ups, crunches, leg raises and planks and looks like it's going to hurt like hell. LOL!!
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ohh, this site is fun. What about the abs AND squats challenge? Or the EXTREME squat challenge?! Too bad I can only get 1 more challenge in before I go on holidays. Happy to join in on whatever one you choose.

100 - triple digits - today. Go team!
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So today was leg day. I have done 50 squats at work. 25 at the gym with a 40kg bar. Just 25 more to do before bed.
    My husband thinks I am barmy BTW :-)
  • jackielou867
    Options
    "Oooh - found this website:
    http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-squat-challenge/

I think we should do the ABS challenge in May (always thinking ahead). It involves sit ups, crunches, leg raises and planks and looks like it's going to hurt like hell. LOL!! "

Oh I just had a really quick look, and Hell Yeah, I am in :-)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    I definitely think Abs for May.

Anyway - squats going well. I'm loving it. I was doing them in sets of 1-3 now that the numbers are getting higher I'm splitting them up a bit. On bodyweight day I'll still do sets of 50-25 reps but when I'm adding weight I cut the reps down.

At the gym this morning, did 7 x 15 with a 10kg plate for Squat/press combo. Legs were fine, no problem at all, but shoulders were really feeling it at the end of the 105.

This is fun!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Loving the squats. I'm having a rest day tomorrow so I incorporated my 130 squats (for the 13th) into todays gym routine. Did mostly body weight squats and then weighted squats 20x15; 40x10; 40x10; 40x10. I didn't want to go heavier than 40kg today because my legs were feeling a bit shaky and I'm wary of breaking form.

So I'm having a rest day tomorrow instead of today and will then get back to 135 on Monday. I'm thinking anything over 150 is going to take it's toll.
  • jackielou867
    Options
    Did a heavy legs day on Wednesday, new programme. Was a bit stiff on Thursday but still did squats. Up to 120 today for me, so I did 3 sets 40. I am still increasing 10 a day, no rest days. Its quite fun. Not sure Ill still be saying that at the end of the month!
    :-)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 21 - 180 squats

I'm away down the south coast until the end of this week, bit harder to get onto the Internet and I only have my iPad but I'm still logging in every day.

Today I'm going to get serious about my next plan... Now that I am feeling better and am well rested I need to pull my head in and get back on track. Exercise for today is a long walk and my 180 squats. I think I'll intersperse them with push ups so my upper body gets a workout as well.

Hope you all have a great day!!
  • jackielou867
    Options
    Hey any one out there still going on this one? Day 21. 210 for me, 50,50,50,60. Starting to hurt a bit now :-)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Jackie, yes. I hurt today too....
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Am I doing the wrong numbers? I thought day 21 was 180... I'll have to check. I'm away and I wrote them down before I left but maybe I had the number wrong. Oh, just remembered I have the app.

RIGHT .. I checked the app. Seems I've missed a day but today is 23 and 190 squats. OMG.

Yesterday I was thinking I'll have to split them up in the day when I get to 200 because there's no way I can do them all in one go. Anything last 150 and I'm in pain!

Today I'm thinking sets of 25, but might have to take a break at 100 and do something else for half an hour. Might do my first lot of squats, go for a walk, then do the remainder.

How is everyone else going??
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Alrighty, did my 180 squats in sets of 25 with 8 push ups between.
    OMG.

By about 150 my legs were burning and I had a full on sweat up and my pulse was racing. At 175 I felt like I was a goner, but then pushed out the last set without a problem... Weird.

Also did my new Pilates DVD and a one hour walk. Feel like I had a good day today :)

Anyway, tomorrow is a rest day and then on Friday it's 220 squats. I think I'll do the same again, sets of 25 with push ups in between but might have to pull back to 5 push-ups because THAT WAS HARD!!!
  • jackielou867
    Options
    Skim I set my own numbers to make it easier to remember. Just add a zero to the day so today I did 230 :-) 110, 60, 60.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 29.

Yesterday was a rest day thank goodness. Today was supposed to be 240 squats but I did 250 :smile: because I'm not sure I'll be able to do them again tomorrow!!

I did 5 sets of 50 squats, also with a shoulder press using 3kg dumbbells, didn't think heavier than that was a good idea (I'd usually do a 17.5kg bar) for that many reps. Had about a 2-3 minute rest between sets.

By the 4th and 5th set - after the 35th rep it was painful and those last 5 squats... OMG...

Immediately after, my jelly like legs didn't want to go up and down the stairs, but I had to do a trip to the garage, was very wobbly!! Then went for a 20 minute walk. Feel fine now, so maybe I'll be ok to do the 250 again tomorrow.

I've got Relay for Life coming up this weekend and I'll be walking a marathon, so I don't want to overdo things this week before Relay. Still, that's just an excuse, I'm sure from Wednesday to Saturday I'll be able to recover :blushing: Maybe I'm just being lazy!!

How is everyone else doing? Still at it?
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Today is the last day of the April Squat Challenge. 250 squats.

I started with a quick 3 minute warm up, then got straight into it.

The first set of 50 was a struggle, because my legs were a tiny bit sore from yesterday, so I broke the rest into sets of 25. I was using body weight only, and after doing 250 yesterday I honestly didn't think I'd be able to finish, but of course I did. I am nothing if not determined!! The last 15 squats, my lower body was shaking but I finished :smile: Pretty dammed happy about that.

Also did 10 x Tricep pushups between each set to do something for upper body and keep heart rate up for a good combined cardio session. By the end, quite honestly I was burnt out... But it feels good!

Tomorrow - May Abs challenge starts. I'll post a link later.

Good luck everyone!! Honestly - the only way to do these things is to TRY. The first day of this challenge I was thinking "how the hell am I going to do 250 of these things?" but I did. Two days in a row at that! You can do it too.