OLD ATKINS RULES!

Options
timwhoa
timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
the reasons I like doing the old 1972 atkins books
The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

DONT COUNT CALORIES<< EAT AS MucH AS WANT<< YAYAYYAAYAYA

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Good summary.

I violate rule 1 because I still haven't trained myself out of the habit of violating rule 4, though.
  • Maingaltina
    Maingaltina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you do the old atkins how many carbs per day are you allowed?
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    carbs depends on what stage your in, induction stage last 2 weeks typically, and its 20 grams per day , only 20,, not 20 "NET" carbs, old atkins does not play the net carb thing, then there is "owl" stage or what atkins called ongoing weight loss, he described in the book on how to find your critical carbo level, the last stage was maintenence, where you go up in carbs till your daily amount keeps you at your weight level, there was never any calorie counting on the old atkins, hope this helps
  • Maingaltina
    Maingaltina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    carbs depends on what stage your in, induction stage last 2 weeks typically, and its 20 grams per day , only 20,, not 20 "NET" carbs, old atkins does not play the net carb thing, then there is "owl" stage or what atkins called ongoing weight loss, he described in the book on how to find your critical carbo level, the last stage was maintenence, where you go up in carbs till your daily amount keeps you at your weight level, there was never any calorie counting on the old atkins, hope this helps

Thank you!