Great News!! I'm so excited

Options
Finally got all of my results today. My AIC went from 10.3 on Jan 8 to 5.5 today. Had a fasting of 93 compared to 253 in Jan. 2014

- Have dropped 39 lbs
- Lowered cholesterol from 213 to 144
- Trigly. from 149 to 97
- LDL from 149 to 83
- Raised HDL from 40 to 46 (could be better)

Have bilateral knee surgery scheduled for Tuesday and there was some doubt initially whether they would do it or not. It's a go...they didn't think I could do it that fast. Even my blood pressure dropped to what they call a teenagers. All is good!

Replies

• cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow; that is great! Amazing progress in such a short time.

I am particularly interested in this because I was diagnosed in late Dec with close to the same numbers you initially had. I just had my 3 month lab done and am impatiently waiting for the results. I should have them any day now. I can only hope my progress is as good as yours. I have lost 33 pounds since December. I'll post my results as soon as I get them

Again; Congratulations! And thanks for the inspiration.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! you should be so very proud of yourself and the accomplishments you've made in such a short time. Not an easy task.

It's always great to here the success stories of others.

Best wishes on your upcoming knee surgery sandign. Well done!:drinker:
  • sandign
    sandign Posts: 56
    Options
    I had mine done this AM and they let you come back later and pick p the results. I get them before my doctor. :-)

I do know it has been hard work buty all worth it. If you have lost 33 lbs then your numbers are bound to have improved greatly. I eat to my meter otherwise I'd be in trouble. Everything I was told I could eat was not always right. Still a learning process.

One more lb and I will be at my first goal. Then on to the last 10-15 lbs. All depends on the surgery. I have to say without MFP it would have been much tougher. It's kept me honest. LOL
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    This is exciting! What are the top 3 changes you made that you feel led to the improvement in BG control, overall health, and weight loss? I like to develop what I call a 'road map for success' that lists all of the changes that are crucial for long-term health. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Congratulations; each accomplishment is fabulous!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Same day results?..before your PCP reviews them?..wonderful. I need to wait 2-3 days until my PCP reviews my results before I get copied.

I've always been a fan-and firmly believe in-the eating to your meter approach when weighing my test results against the food choices I've made to determine if any adjustment is needed.

I too can firmly attribute my current success-along with looking forward to my continued success by using this wonderful program tracking tool.

I like your idea of setting short term goals-achieving them-then moving on to accomplish a new set of goals.

You're doing great!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What great improvement in all areas! That's bound to keep you on track, very encouraging! Congratulations and keep doing what's working for you.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Way to go!
  • morn1ngstarr
    morn1ngstarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this wonderful news!!!!!!!
  • sandign
    Options
    The toughest for me was giving up bread and potatoes. They were my real weakness. I realized what I was doing was not going on a diet but changing the entire way I look at eating for life. I cleaned out my cupboards and got rid of all foods I knew were bad for me. (I'm surethe diabetes helped motivate me here) Looked for new recipes also. I normally have avery healthy smoothie in the morning. Breakfast is something I never atebefore.

Logging my food daily so I an actually see the nutrtional side of it helps also.

I walk most everyday. Not much becaue of my knees but I do about 10-15 min at a time on the treadmill 3-4 times a day. Actually, that helps my lower my blood glucose reading also.
  • sandign
    Options
    Same day results?..before your PCP reviews them?..wonderful. I need to wait 2-3 days until my PCP reviews my results before I get copied.

I've always been a fan-and firmly believe in-the eating to your meter approach when weighing my test results against the food choices I've made to determine if any adjustment is needed.

I too can firmly attribute my current success-along with looking forward to my continued success by using this wonderful program tracking tool.

I like your idea of setting short term goals-achieving them-then moving on to accomplish a new set of goals.

You're doing great!

My test are done at the hospital and they explained that they had to give them to me if I ask, which I do. They usually have them done in a couple of hours so I just go back and request them. By law they have to give them to you. Don't know what happens if they get sent out somewhere. I just know that with te Hippa laws it makes easy to access records. Before my doctor got his patient portal I had copiesof all the notes etc from my visit before I even left the office.
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is excellent news. This is proof that hard work does pay off.
  • swalewis
    swalewis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very pleased. Good luck with your surgery.
  • diabetesdieter
    diabetesdieter Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations! 5.5 is great!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!!! Your hard work has paid off. Good luck on the knee surgery.
  • Lesa1129
    Lesa1129 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Posts like yours give me hope.
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job. You have motivated me to get up and go for a quick walk during lunch.
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Good for you! Good luck with your knee surgery .
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WOW Way to go.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. It is hard work but you made it through this far!