Translating your Drinks into calories

Options
liannap
liannap Posts: 91 Member
I don't know about you but I am a great believer in visualization. So what I did, I looked at the drinks I consume and translated those into calories.
While surfing the net, I also came across some interesting websites.
My findings are here for your benefit.
Please add your drinks and calorie values and/or any website of which you think the group members may benefit.
This page could grow to be a great resource centre.
Cheers!
Lianna

Translating your alcohol intake into calories (average)
Because MFP is an international site I have refrained from using fluid measurements. oz or ml? Upto you to find your preferred measurements!

1 pint of beer = 250
1 glass of red = 125
1 glass of white = 121
1 glass of sparkling = 85
1 bottle (500 ml) of Rekorderlig cider = 315
1 G&T (diet tonic) = 100

Interesting and helpful sites:

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator
http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/toolsresources/caloriecalculator.asp

Replies

• Lori_Wilkerson
    Lori_Wilkerson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but I am a great believer in visualization. So what I did, I looked at the drinks I consume and translated those into calories.
    While surfing the net, I also came across some interesting websites.
    My findings are here for your benefit.
    Please add your drinks and calorie values and/or any website of which you think the group members may benefit.
    This page could grow to be a great resource centre.
    Cheers!
    Lianna

Translating your alcohol intake into calories (average)
    Because MFP is an international site I have refrained from using fluid measurements. oz or ml? Upto you to find your preferred measurements!

1 pint of beer = 250
    1 glass of red = 125
    1 glass of white = 121
    1 glass of sparkling = 85
    1 bottle (500 ml) of Rekorderlig cider = 315
    1 G&T (diet tonic) = 100

Interesting and helpful sites:

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator
    http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/toolsresources/caloriecalculator.asp

Huh. Maybe I should switch to gin and tonic!

Just kidding. I don't like gin. :wink:
  • liannap
    Options
    Lucky you not to like gin - gin&tonic is my favorite and because I am so used to (strong) them, it has no after effects. Just relaxation and inspiration. Hmm, sounds serious.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • growingirl
    growingirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is some good information. I think my problem is that the glass of wine lowers my resolve. " Oh, that piece of cheese won't make any difference" or ""May as well have a piece of bread with that cheese,Now" It's a whole domino effect...
  • liannap
    Options
    This is some good information. I think my problem is that the glass of wine lowers my resolve. " Oh, that piece of cheese won't make any difference" or ""May as well have a piece of bread with that cheese,Now" It's a whole domino effect...

G'day growing girl! Exactly: and soon enough we think "oh well, tomorrow is another day" and consequently alcohol calories and those of bread and cheese go to the hips.
    Ever noticed that drinking makes you want to eat?
    That's why we are in this group, trying and wanting to correct our social drinking with the objective of losing weight.
    Welcome and eh, well,
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've found a great summer drink that won't break your calorie budget!

Sprite zero
    Crystal Light - Raspberry Lemonade (water bottle mix)
    Vodka

This will all be to your taste but for this I use a 24oz Tervis Tumbler.

Fill cup 1/2 with ice. Pour in 3/4 of the Sprite Zero. Mix in 1/2 of the Raspberry Lemonade mix....stir. Pour in 1 oz (a shot) of vodka and the rest of the Sprite (if it will fit). Stir.... that drink is only 65-70 calories!!!! And it's so refreshing!! you can use any of the water bottle mixes that you like....and any diet soda that you like!
  • liannap
    Options

Sprite zero
    Vodka

Fill cup 1/2 with ice. Pour in 3/4 of the Sprite Zero. Mix in 1/2 of the Raspberry Lemonade mix....stir. Pour in 1 oz (a shot) of vodka and the rest of the Sprite (if it will fit). Stir.... that drink is only 65-70 calories!!!! And it's so refreshing!! you can use any of the water bottle mixes that you like....and any diet soda that you like!
    Thank you very much for that recipe, it sounds lovely. I will be trying it out over the Easter break!
    Cheers.
    Lianna
  • Lori_Wilkerson
    Lori_Wilkerson Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Sprite zero
    Vodka

That sounds pretty good, thank you!
  • liannap
    Options

Sprite zero
    Vodka

That sounds pretty good, thank you!

I've tried it: very nice. Thanks again!
    Cheers
    Lianna