My daily glasses of wine

Options

Replies

• growingirl
    growingirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is good news. I am tired of taking BP Meds. I'm going to start today with wine free Wednesday.Feel this will help with weight lose, also. I've been stuck the past few months, dancing around the same 5 pounds. Time to get serious.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking and lost 18 lbs in January. Stayed active February and March but introduced my Knob Creek back into the diet. Have barely lost 4 lbs in February and March.

It's very hard to get through the summer without a Bourbon when I am BBQing. Just seem natural to have a cigar and a bourbon nearby when I BBQ.

Thanks, for inviting me to the group. I really need to get another 20 lbs off by my birthday in July. Then another 30 by my birthday in 2015.

Keep me honest. I log everything, so, if you see me slip, let me know.
  • Debibrau
    Debibrau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Lianna. Please send me the link for the Mediterranean Diet. It's a way of eating that I think I would enjoy. Thanks
  • Debibrau
    Debibrau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done and thanks for the encouragement :flowerforyou:
  • hawgsnoop
    hawgsnoop Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys. And mine started as a couple glasses but here and there it's a lot more. And every night. I say it's to get me through the 3 kids but really it's become a habit and I find it's the source of my belly. And I work out HARD when I do! Which is every day! Just looking for someone to talk me down to a wineless Wed or a tonic-free Tues.... I think it will help!
  • Lori_Wilkerson
    Lori_Wilkerson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Must admit the booze is my Achilles heel. I try to maintain a reasonable level of fitness, train like lunatic almost every day. Lift weights, do interval training, cycling, heavy bag workouts, practice the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet, then unwind with a couple of tinnies in the evening ha, ha.

Weekends are even worse, a couple or three bottles of red wine with the Mrs on Friday and more tinnies on Saturday.

Burnt over a 1000 calories training yesterday, training leads to the mistaken belief that we have earnt that tin of beer. I recorded the four cans of Carlsberg I had last night. Workouts around 564 Calories, do that four five nights a week and you’re fast approaching 3500 cals or 1lb of body fat.

Sobering thought

"Sobering thought" - haha! :laugh:
  • liannap
    liannap Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    growingirl, great idea to pick out a day and make that one an alcohol free one. You could add alternate days at a later stage and make it Monday Wednesday Friday. If you calculated how many calories you saved by not drinking one day, I think that it becomes easier to not drink on additional days.
    Whatever you do, and that counts for everyone in the group, please share your progress with us: we are in this together!
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    Hawgsnoop joining this group is the first step to a flat tummy ????
    You know your reason for drinking is not a reason but an excuse and therein lies the difference.
    Make a habit of writing a daily post of your progress: that will at least slow the in-take down, I am positive!
    Good luck and stay in touch.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    I'm with you guys. And mine started as a couple glasses but here and there it's a lot more. And every night. I say it's to get me through the 3 kids but really it's become a habit and I find it's the source of my belly. And I work out HARD when I do! Which is every day! Just looking for someone to talk me down to a wineless Wed or a tonic-free Tues.... I think it will help!

Please find my reaction a bit further down the page.
    ????
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    While I don't drink daily (anymore) - I used to have a glass or two of wine every evening! :drinker: Now I have been able to cut back to only weekends! And that's my friends fault! :bigsmile: We just have too much fun together and beer or "Randa-Ritas" always seem to find their way into our hands! And now my hubby and the other husbands are MAKING BEER!

But seriously.... I would like to cut myself back to one night each weekend! So let's do this!! :flowerforyou:

Reply a bit further down the page. (I had to figure out to press "quote" first ????)
    Lianna
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :).....It's great to read up on other peoples experiences and see I'm not the only one phew!! I've been reading up on the effects of alcohol and dieting and recently came across an article that kind of helped me understand why it's so difficult to lose weight will enjoying the daily beverage!!.....when we consume alcohol the body instantly stops burning the fat in our system and works on eliminating the alcohol first, once this is done it goes back to burning the fat....hence slowing down the process!! But like most I find it relaxing on an evening to have a glass or 2......Just something else I'm going to have to adjust :(
  • liannap
    Options
    Hi everyone :).....It's great to read up on other peoples experiences and see I'm not the only one phew!! I've been reading up on the effects of alcohol and dieting and recently came across an article that kind of helped me understand why it's so difficult to lose weight will enjoying the daily beverage!!.....when we consume alcohol the body instantly stops burning the fat in our system and works on eliminating the alcohol first, once this is done it goes back to burning the fat....hence slowing down the process!! But like most I find it relaxing on an evening to have a glass or 2......Just something else I'm going to have to adjust :(

Hi, welcome to this group. We are all in the same boat and like you, I feel that I am not so alone anymore. Reading and writing about it in this group are the first firm steps to cutting back/cutting out. Over the last year or so I have read about it all and understood the process, yet, it has not stopped me from drinking.
    For the first time ever, I feel quite liberated as if committing to this group and talking with the group members is finally getting me towards saying no, thanks!
    Talk soon.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • hawgsnoop
    hawgsnoop Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of my problems is that I did lose weight, almost 50 lbs after a baby with wine and cocktails in the diet. And accounted for on MFP. However, I think my portions and number have gotten higher. I write this with a skinny girl margarita with a little vodka mixed in at my side- however it will be my only drink tonight. And if cutting down to 1,2 or 3 a night is progress for anyone I say we help each other out!
  • Lori_Wilkerson
    Lori_Wilkerson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well....I didn't cut it out, but I did cut it by half tonight. AND, since I was feeling antsy (not a good sign, but anyhoo) I went for a 1.5 mile walk. Yay me! First time I've exercised in forever. So yeah. Baby steps.
  • rdvorak
    rdvorak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No wine for me today. Didn't even think about it :)
  • liannap
    Options
    One of my problems is that I did lose weight, almost 50 lbs after a baby with wine and cocktails in the diet. And accounted for on MFP. However, I think my portions and number have gotten higher. I write this with a skinny girl margarita with a little vodka mixed in at my side- however it will be my only drink tonight. And if cutting down to 1,2 or 3 a night is progress for anyone I say we help each other out!

Exactly! That is the purpose of this group.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    No wine for me today. Didn't even think about it :)

Fabulous! I bet you feel good about that.
    Cheers.
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    Well....I didn't cut it out, but I did cut it by half tonight. AND, since I was feeling antsy (not a good sign, but anyhoo) I went for a 1.5 mile walk. Yay me! First time I've exercised in forever. So yeah. Baby steps.

Way to go!
    Cheers
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    Today we met up with a friend from years gone by. Lovely evening, lots of reminiscing.
    Yes we drank: 3 glasses of wine instead of two bottles???? and a large glass of water per wine glass!
    Not too bad I'd say.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    Hi Lianna. Please send me the link for the Mediterranean Diet. It's a way of eating that I think I would enjoy. Thanks

Sorry for being so late with my reply. We are traveling and I must have missed your post.

Here is the email address for support at med cookbook. Ask them for link. EBook costs A$9.95 and it is fabulous.

How was the alcohol intake this weekend? Did you manage to cut back?
    Good luck with everything.
    Cheers!
    Lianna