What's your exercise for this week?

Options
Rianne90
Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
Hi all!
Since I'm absolutely failing at the nutrition/calorie goal part of this challenge (stress-eating, argh!), I decided to put a little more emphasis on something (that I find) is easier to control: exercise!
So, for this week (april 7 to 13), what are your exercise plans?

Mine are to follow the Blogilates calendar every day. I might go to the gym thursday, but I'll have to see about that. Maybe a run when the weather gets better. When I'm stressed, exercise and nutrition are usually the first things to go out the window, and the Blogilates videos I can do at home and take less than an hour, which makes it harder to make excuses. So far they're pretty great and I'm really feeling some long lost ab-muscles :tongue:

I'd love to hear your plans!

Replies

• bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    My elliptical, dumbbells and abs...ugghhh!! Abs, I'll be sore!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the elliptical because of the weather. For the next few days the weather will be nice, so I am planning on going to the track. I also plan on doing some weight training to start toning my arms.
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Elliptical and walking/jogging intervals (one song on, one song off). I've also been using the Wii more, particularly Wii Fit and Just Dance 2. (Love the Just Dance series. I'm slowly collecting them as money becomes available.)
  • LetiPla
    LetiPla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    this week am getting back to dancing,after last week's virus! went to Zumba tonight, then Dancefit on .thursday, salsa dancing Friday night. will lift my weights and maybe stationary bike Wed and Sat. Whew! That's enough.
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My exercise plans this week include a LOT of walking outside at our local park. I'm also giving C25K a second try... I attempted it back in August but I went it at too fast & hard and had a nasty knee injury for a couple of months! :sad: Lesson definitely learned!

Have a fantastic week!:flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 4 times a week and do running the other 3 days as well as running after lifting.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    This week I want to get in at least 3 runs (1 down, 2 to go), lift twice, and do some outside woodsy activity at least one of the days this weekend (whether it be run, walk, or hike I don't care!) I find exercise is a great way to offset some bad eating/lack of control. Looks like everyone has some solid plans =)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

When I'm stressed, exercise and nutrition are usually the first things to go out the window

Nothing burns stress better than some good cardio. Go get those endorphines.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Nothing burns stress better than some good cardio. Go get those endorphines.

I will :) feels so good!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I actually swam today instead of the elliptical, which I usually do 6-7 days per week. I will also be strength training as per usual.
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    doing an extra session with my trainer this week as I have Friday off. Hoping to get a walk with my hubby in also.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Walking to and from school most days and on my feet for 4+ hrs. during school. Will try to get on the elliptical when my schedule works out. I'm definitely struggling with being in the classroom 5 days a week. I miss my quiet time while The Tornado is at school!!!
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I started Ripped in 30 level 3 yesterday so going to do that until next Tuesday
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Haven't made it to a spin class yet but did Body Pump on Sunday and Tuesday and will do it again tomorrow. I also have running for Girls on the Run tomorrow. My son got a jump rope so I used that for a few minutes today. Errr...maybe it was only like 30 seconds. It was hard!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This week have been doing week 1 of c25K and now completed my 3 runs for that - weather is gradually getting better and the days are getting longer and it's nice to be outside.

Have also been doing week 1 of the turbofire programme. I missed 1 day but with my run and walking to and from various train stations I walked over 10000 steps that day so not bothered.

Plans for next week to move on to week 2 of both programmes and complete them both, even though I have a week's leave.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm on spring break this week, so it's mostly been lots and lots of walking! We were at Busch Gardens all day yesterday. Today my exercise will be yard work and a long walk with the dog.

Lately I haven't been doing much beyond walking. I'd like to add strength training to my life. I'm not a member of a gym, so I have to rely on body weight exercise. I keep trying to put together a program for myself to do 3 days a week, but then I start searching online and get overwhelmed and stop.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I do NROLFW (new rules of lifting for women) three days a week and I run three days. Been trying to up my mileage on my runs to get a better workout.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was doing aerobics dvd and dance but have to hold off until the doctor says it is ok. Sheesh, I was just getting into the groove too.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have 300 minutes of cardio and 120 minutes of strength planned for this week. My goal is to average 10,000 steps a day for the week.

Mainly I am focusing on doing more strength work and using 5 pound weights instead of the 3s. I also want to make sure to sneak in some core work (likely Pilates). Last week I started doing some step aerobics to increase my cardio - I plan to continue doing that work out this week (2x for sure).

Sadly, the scale hates me and has been moving up instead of down. My friends assure me it is water weight because increasing weights equals micro tears equals water retention and getting stronger. I'm going to keep it up for at least another 2 weeks before I decide to change what I'm doing.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I set my exercise goal to 340 minutes this week....I really hope to get there, but I got kinda lazy and busy on monday and tuesday.
    I kicked my weekly burn off on wednesday w/ 60 minutes of Zumba, Today I have 60 minutes of indoor beach volleyball, Friday I'm planning Yoga, and saturday and sunday I'm jumping back into slim in 6 at home and tons of cleaning and yard work. Variety! the spice of life :wink: