Cellulite, although Primal and Crossfit?

Options
sscad
sscad Posts: 73 Member
I just turned 25. I am 5'4'', around 130 pounds. I have been Primal since around July last year, although I've played around with Paleo/Primal since about a year ago. I have been doing Crossfit since July, too. Although I seem to be gaining muscle, I don't know if it's just me, but I swear my cellulite has increased (or appeared, really...I never really had a huge issue before), specifically at the back of my thighs. Is this the inevitability of a maturing woman's body or could a higher-fat diet be the culprit? Or am I just imagining, being weirdly conscious? What I am asking, is, has anyone seen an increase of cellulite with a Paleo/Primal lifestyle?

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I don't know your body so can't really speak to your experience. I can say that I already had cellulite by 25 (with a high carb diet) and imo it is normal. This image of perfect bodies, flat tummies, smooth skin and breasts that defy gravity are just fake images that we are bombarded with to help sell products. Even the Hollywood actresses and models do not look completely perfect in real life and most of them have some cellulite. Images that we see are manipulated. Perfection is the only thing that is not normal.

I regret that I spent my 20s hating my body and constantly starving myself and avoiding healthy fats because that's what really damaged my health. It's what made a healthy girl end up fat and metabolically disordered.

Why would you think a healthy diet is to blame? Healthy dietary fat does not equal fat storage in the body; excessive carbs do. I have had nothing but positive effects from the Paleo lifestyle. My cellulite and loose skin are due to my poor diet (high carb from wheat and sugar) in the past, lots of gaining and losing and gaining fat, and somewhat due to my age.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    98% of women have cellutlite and it get worse as you age. Accept it. BTW men don't notice it and don't care, it is completely a woman's obsession.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Perfection is the only thing that is not normal.

BING! :drinker:

I work in advertising and use Photoshop all day so I can tell you for a fact pretty much everyone's got it.
    You name the body part, I've probably rearranged it...hahaha.

So yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep doing healthy things, my friend. :drinker:
  • sscad
    sscad Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, guys. :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I think all fat loss causes cellulite because the fat is changing it needs time to move around and re-smooth it's self.

Rub the **** out of that **** with your fist for a quick fix, and eventually all that blood you draw to it will even it out.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I think all fat loss causes cellulite because the fat is changing it needs time to move around and re-smooth it's self.

Rub the **** out of that **** with your fist for a quick fix, and eventually all that blood you draw to it will even it out.

Well it likely will not totally go away but massage is a good idea. I do a little bit of "skin brushing" (I use a brush with natural animal hair bristles or wood bristles) because it feels terrific and it helps blood flow.
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Mine seems worse when I start building muscle. Could be my imagination because I am paying closer attention. Who knows. Not much help, sorry. Everyone has cellulite. It sucks and is not very pretty. I just don't wear shorts to crossfit because I am uncomfortable with it for the time being.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you how much taking progress photos will change everything! I had a few months where weight and inches stalled out but I could see big change in my monthly photo. During this stall I 'felt fat' those photos really helped. I think this is especially true for women lifting weights our bodies can change a lot and we are too hard on ourselves to notice !