searching for low calorie sweets

Is there any hope for me to find a recipe for sweets that aren't full of those pesky calories? I had an idea about sweetmeats containing curd and dried strawberries or maybe just curd with cocoa. I'd imagine to form small balls and cover them with chopped coconut for example. But how do i get the curd to be solid enough? Maybe with flour? Gelatine?

Yeah i'm wandering off the topic - is there any sweet snack i can help myself out with?

Replies

• rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    I also have a huge sweet tooth. I try to stick to low fat Greek yogurt, oatmeal with a sweetener packet, low calorie fiber bar, 100 calorie kettle corn.....but often I just have to raid my co workers dark chocolate w/almond nuggets. When I do I just fit them into my calories and make it work. Hope that helps a little!

R
  • sure that helps! :)
    I'm on apple chips right now and it works pretty well.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    oops - try this - no added sugar but mildly sweet if that counts. You can put the nuts/dried fruits you like in it and it is around 150 calories. That's much better than a candy bar and a bit healthier than my favorite: chocolate chip cookies :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Most light whipped toppings are only 15-20 calories a serving. Pairing 2 servings of frozen whipped topping with some berries or fruit can crave a sweet tooth.
  • omg ,cgirl51031, that looks so incredibly good! I'm definitely going to try that.

rduhlir, good idea but fruits somehow just don't work for me when i'm craving really badly. It's not satisfying enough. But maybe the topping would change that - i'm gonna try to find a light topping :)